We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 58 Posts
    Hi,

I want to upgrade my site from 2.2.14 ro 2.6.5 without loosing data from database, I have installed new version of 2.6.5 but when i connect with old database with new version it wont works properly even i cannot login into manager.

Can anyone tell me that how i can upgrade current database to 2.6.5 compatible version?

Thanks in advance
      • 185 Posts
      Hi Mujtaba Ahmad,

Yes, this isn't quite easy process, the same doing for the client.
      Well, I see the next way: you should update your MODX step by step by intermediate releases where principal updates were added. So it can be: 2.2.14-> 2.3.2-> 2.4.0->2.5.0->2.6.0-> 2.6.5

Are you going to do it manually or using BobRay's UpgradeMODX component? I'm not 100% sure it supports all these releases(only some recent ones) now but somewhere on forum I saw Bob's message it can be possible soon.
        Anton Tarasov
        MODX Developer

Email: [email protected]
        Web: antontarasov.com
        • 58 Posts
        Hi Anton Tarasov,

Thanks for replying against my question, actually due to CMS script attack my current modx has many issues, that why manager is blank for now. i cannot upgrade from CMS, i have to to do manually something

Thanks
        Mujtaba
          • 24,544 Posts
          Mujtaba, before you do any upgrades, you need to completely clean the site (or better -- delete all the files and empty the DB tables, then restore a backup from before the hack).
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting