We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 70 Posts
    The website itself (2.5.8) is ok, no problem,
    but since warnings security in July approaching the manager draws a blank page...

Changelog reads:
    MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (July 11, 2018)
    ====================================
    - Prevent directory traversal and limit files deleted when clearing modFileRegister [#13980]
    - Filter user input used in phpthumb [#13979]

I certainly did not do that...

Updated to 2.6.5; all ok website shows perfect, but manager draws blank page

Installed a 2017 backup (2.5.5) in separate directory:
    same story: website ok even latest changes june show, but manager draws blank page

please advise
      • 70 Posts
      or can somebody please explain how the manager’s login page appears
      which php-pages are involved?

does that need anything from the database?

which php-pages are used so I can check which is altered?

which page do you think/expect are altered?

many thanks in advance
        • 571 Posts
        Have you manually deleted (via FTP or SSH) the contents of the /core/cache/ directory.
        Are the file and folder permissions all correct.
        When upgrading are you doing it manually, or are you using UpgradeMODX 1.5.5-pl? https://modx.com/extras/package/upgrademodx
          If I help you out on these forums I would be very grateful if you would consider rating me on Trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/andytough.com

email: [email protected] | website: https://andytough.com
        • Anything in your browsers' developer console when you open the manager? Also just to confirm, it's already broken on the login screen?

Double checking paths in core/config/confic.inc.php might be a good place to start.
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
            • 70 Posts
            thanks Andy & Mark

will check & respond later today

(dank Mark!)
              • 70 Posts
              sub Andy
              - before updating deleted through ftp (Transmit) all folders + content in core cache
              which also answers question 3
              - through ftp many files checked; all files incl htaccess checked 644, all folders 755

sub Mark
              - put your-site/manager/ in browser produces immediately a blank page
              - all developer screens remain empty and show:
              (Bron heeft geen materiaal) Source has no material (? hope correct translation)
              - checked paths in core/config/confic.inc.php; seem ok
              - checked Differences in ht.access now and backup sept 2017; found files identical
              - checked Differences between earlier core/config/confic.inc.php's found different:
              18 $lastInstallTime =
              20 $site_id =
              23 $uuid =
              65 new:
              $http_host= array_key_exists('HTTP_HOST', $_SERVER) ? htmlspecialchars($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'], ENT_QUOTES) : 'our_site_name first part no directory';
              65 old:
              $http_host= array_key_exists('HTTP_HOST', $_SERVER) ? $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] : 'our_site_name first part no directory';

hope this gives some clue
              h
                • 70 Posts
                it really is uncanny, the updated site operates ok
                to the extend I can ftp a pdf.file with general info which then ok shows up in filelister review and can be opened OK

hence the site itself does not seem to be hacked at all,
                only the manager does not show as reported since the above mentioned changelog dated July 11, 2018

strange
                h
                  • 1 Posts
                  having the same issue here. The mysite.com/manager page is completely blank.
                  not sure when this happened. I did change permissions on the components folder to get modx Gallery to work, which now works.

I have a different website, at the same hosting company, which is working correctly. I have compared the .htaccess files and the file/folder permissions between the two and they are the same.

I really wouldn't want to go back to my last back-up (files and sqlDB) (if that even works)
                  • Try setting compress_css and compress_js to 0 in the database. From what I recall, blank manager is often the result of having these settings set to 1 (on). If you can't get to the settings in the manager (because it's blank), you'll have to do this in the system_settings table in the database.
                      Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
                      "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                      Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
                      • 8 Posts
                      Description of Problem:
                      Hi, I have inherited a non working site, after some work is running now, but I cannot create or modify articles, and even worst, I cannot access old articles, the parent article shows the check to expand, but as soon as I press it, doesn´t show anything.

Any help is welcome, thanks in advance

• MODX Version:MODX Revolution 2.6.5-pl (traditional)
                      • PHP Version:PHP Version 5.4.45
                      • Database (MySQL, SQL Server, etc) Version:5.6.41-84.1