We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 54 Posts
    my site was hacked and I had to re-install and upgrade to 2.6.5. Thanks to Andy Tough for his help on that https://forums.modx.com/thread/104085/site-hacked-problem-restoring-database#dis-post-559830 I had to omit parts of the database during restore though to get it working without error.

Now my Wayfinder menu isn't working, there is an empty div where the menu is supposed to be. The relevant bits look to me just like they were before when it was working.

the template:
    <!-- Menu Horizontal -->
    <div>
    [[Wayfinder? & startId=`0` &outerTpl=`outerTpl`]]
    </div>

I've tried the snippet call cached and uncached

the chunk:
    <!-- outerTpl -->
    <ul class="menu"[[+wf.classes]]>
    [[+wf.wrapper]]
    </ul>

the resulting page source:
    <!-- Menu Horizontal -->
    <div>

</div>

Wayfinder is definitely installed and the snippet is present

Not sure if it's related, but I've turned on FURLs but they aren't working. My .htaccess file is present

Guess I've overlooked something in my restoration attempts, but what that something is has got me stumped [ed. note: grogorio last edited this post 5 years, 9 months ago.]
      • 571 Posts
      I think as you mentioned in your other post the route you followed might not have been best practice!

However, if going down that route this might help - I found references to Wayfinder in these tables which were not in your list of restored tables.

namespaces
      transport_packages

I wonder if it might be best to go back to the full backup restoration route and seeing if you can overcome the problem you encountered? When restoring files form the backup did you make sure that the /core/cache/ folder files were NOT restored?

If I help you out on these forums I would be very grateful if you would consider rating me on Trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/andytough.com

email: [email protected] | website: https://andytough.com
        • 54 Posts
        Thanks for those suggestions - my new database contains references to Wayfinder in both those tables. Created when I installed Wayfinder I guess.

Definitely no /core/cache/ files were restored at any time

I would like to restore the whole database, but having tried at least 10 times over the last couple of days and receiving the fatal error on each occasion it seems this is just not going to happen

A couple of other things I've noticed which are not working - I can't copy a resource (press the duplicate button but nothing happens), I can't create a resource (the new page comes up but can't be saved)

Starting to look like I'm going to have to re-write this site from scratch [ed. note: grogorio last edited this post 5 years, 9 months ago.]
          • 571 Posts
          What version of MODX were you using when the site got hacked?

What version of PHP do you have running on the server?
            If I help you out on these forums I would be very grateful if you would consider rating me on Trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/andytough.com

email: [email protected] | website: https://andytough.com
          • Anything in your MODX error log?
              Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
              • 20 Posts
              Perhaps a bad copy/paste... but removing the space between the & and startId can't do any harm...

[[Wayfinder? & startId=`0` &outerTpl=`outerTpl`]]
              -> [[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &outerTpl=`outerTpl`]]
                • 54 Posts
                @Andy Tough
                ahem 2.3.1
                PHP Version 5.4.45

@Mark Hamstra
                lots of errors, I cleared the log and loaded up the home page again and got this:
                [2018-07-24 21:16:08] (ERROR @ /home2/mysite/public_html/core/model/modx/modx.class.php : 697) PHP warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

@intersel
                good suggestion, but didn't make any difference
                  • 54 Posts
                  another bit of weirdness, when the document tree loads in manager there are multiple (7) nested instances of UpgradeMODX, like this:

UpgradeMODX (0)
                  --UpgradeMODX (0)
                  ----UpgradeMODX (0)
                  ------UpgradeMODX (0)
                  --------UpgradeMODX (0)
                  ----------UpgradeMODX (0)
                  ------------UpgradeMODX (0)
                  ------------Home (1)
                  ------------rest of documents
                    • 54 Posts
                    I've pretty much got a fresh site up and running in a sub-directory, lots of tedious copying and pasting but ultimately faster than trying to troubleshoot the main site.

Will run it from the sub-direcrtory, or move it to root.

Thanks all for your help.