We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    After upgrading > 2.6.5 our error log is filling up with errors such has this and the site no longer loads on a bunch of pages;

[2018-07-23 17:14:12] (ERROR @ ...core/model/modx/modparser.class.php : 452) You should not call uncached elements inside cached!
    Outer tag: [[If?
    &subject=`[[*id]]`
    &operator=`EQ`
    &operand=`37`
    &then=`[[!ForgotPassword? &resetResourceId=`38` &tpl=`ForgotPasswordForm`]]`
    ]]
    Inner tag If?
    &subject=`35`
    &operator=`EQ`
    &operand=`37`
    &then=`[[!ForgotPassword? &resetResourceId=`38` &tpl=`ForgotPasswordForm`]]`

Has something changed in the way 2.6.5 handles cached elements?

We are upgrading from 2.5.4-pl
      • 1,572 Posts
      We are upgrading from 2.5.4-pl
      did you upgrade to 2.6 then to 2.6.5 ?
        • 4 Posts
        Hi Paul

No I went straight from 2.5.4-pl > 2.6.5-pl

Should I try going to 2.6.0 first then 2.6.5 ?
        • It's fine to go directly to 2.6.5, only when coming from 2.2 there is an issue with the installer that you should do the intermediate steps.

Please see https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/issues/14011 for details about why you're getting those errors.
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.