We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hi there,

how is it possible to let an user (with editor role) only to edit the pages in the third level of the nagigation tree? The first and the second level should be blocked for users with no admin role.

I've already created different ressource groups, but in the moment it is only possible for me to hide the hole navigation item with all the nested sub folders...

Thanks in advance,
    Larsen

• 24,544 Posts
      Go ahead and hide that whole part of the nav tree. Then give the users access to the container docs you don't want them to edit with a Policy of "Load only" or "Load, List and View." That will let them "see through" to the pages they can edit without letting them edit the folders above those pages.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 4 Posts
        Hi BobRay,

thanks for your reply. Just came back from my holiday and tried to check it out but i still got problems with the ALC's. Probably you can give my some more detailed information to the steps you gave me.

Greetings,
        Lars [ed. note: larsen1998 last edited this post 5 years, 8 months ago.]
          • 1,154 Posts
          Hi Lars

Go to settings/ACLs and either do it through a element category or resource group
            • 4 Posts
            Hi nuan88,

thanks for your reply. I tried so many things, but I don't get it sad

I think I need some general step-by-step help with the different settings within the ACL's when I create a new User who should get permission for only some of the resources!

My first question is:
            What kind of permission do the new User needs for the mgr and the web context?

And next question:
            What kind of permission do this user need for the ResourceGroupAccess?

I hope someone has some tips for me wink

Greetings,
            Lars

• 24,544 Posts
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 1,154 Posts
                web context is the lowest level of use, and regular users are in that group

I dont know much about how to do it but you go to ACL like the the attachment.

The issue is how to do it directly in your case. Possibly a namespace would be good, that will be a whole area which is special

Then you add the permissions to the template for that part.

This is an area where Modx offers so much it can be hard to decide how to go about it. Always multiple ways to skin a cat.
                  • 1,154 Posts
                  Now what you would be doing is setting permissions for that page you want them to edit. I clicked into the namespace area, I think you make a new namespace, make sure that resource is in the new namespace, and then define the rules for that space.

This stuff does get tricky but you can definitely set the permissions for the page so they can edit it.

As BobRay said, hide the whole part of the nav tree, then make the special permissions on that resource.