We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 31 Posts
    Hi,
    Using the redirect option to a new page, i would like to write a success message including some personal info already used in the email placeholders e.g. [[+name]]

What is the easiest way to do so ?

I have to call the formit snippet on that new page, how ?
    e.g. [[!FormIt?
    &hooks=`getInfo`
    ]]
    and write an additionnal snippet getInfo to set placeholders containing this info ?? or there is an easier way to re use the email placeholders ?

Many thanks for your help

This question has been answered by andytough. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 571 Posts
      Using FormItRetriever on the page you are redirecting to you can populate the page with data collected in the form.

So if you had this in your form...

<label for="firstname">
              First Name:
              <span class="error">[[!+fi.error.firstname]]</span>
          </label>
          <input type="text" class="firstname" name="firstname" id="firstname" value="[[!+fi.firstname]]" />

You would put this on the page you are redirecting to...

[[!FormItRetriever]]
      Your name: [[!+fi.firstname]]
      [ed. note: andytough last edited this post 5 years, 9 months ago.]
        If I help you out on these forums I would be very grateful if you would consider rating me on Trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/andytough.com

email: [email protected] | website: https://andytough.com
        • 31 Posts
        Thanks Andy. Sounds like this extra has been developed exactly for that need. I'll look into it and see if i could find a quick solution without
        adding an additional extra. I am still learning and also endeavouring to use the minimum amount of extras,
        to make it easier for maintenance and upgrades, also less potential vulnerabilities...