We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 127 Posts
    Modx 2.6.4
    Windows 10 64 bit
    XXamp Control Panel 3.2.2
    Local Install
    archive_with = YES

Any packages I download, or put in the packages directory do not show up in the Package Management, yet they are in the packages directory. What I am noticing is that they seem to self extract, as soon as they are put in the directory even though I haven't installed them yet. See the following 2 screen shots

Directory
    Package Management

Any ideas on why this would be? I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks!
    [ed. note: jasonmonette last edited this post 5 years, 10 months ago.]
      www.JBMWebDesign.com
      www.JBMAutomation.com
      • 24,544 Posts
      The creation of those secondary directories is normal.

Can you see the files if you click on the little arrow next to the Download Packages button and select "Search Locally for Packages"?

Are the packages visible in the database in the modx_transport_packages table?

Did you:

1. Use Softaculous to install MODX?

2. Transfer the MODX files individually with FTP?

Doing either of those can lead to trouble.

I have pretty much the same platform as you do (I assume you mean XAMPP, not XXAMP), and Package Manager works fine, though I don't know what archive_with is.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 127 Posts
        No nothing shows up when I search for packages locally.

Yes they are visible in the database. See Screen Shot

Softaculous? Not sure what that is, so no, I did not use it.

I did not transfer the files via FTP, just copied them over.

Here is the setting in Modx that I am talking about when I say Archive with...Screen Shot

Quote from: BobRay at Jun 20, 2018, 03:57 AM
        The creation of those secondary directories is normal.

Can you see the files if you click on the little arrow next to the Download Packages button and select "Search Locally for Packages"?

Are the packages visible in the database in the modx_transport_packages table?

Did you:

1. Use Softaculous to install MODX?

2. Transfer the MODX files individually with FTP?

Doing either of those can lead to trouble.

I have pretty much the same platform as you do (I assume you mean XAMPP, not XXAMP), and Package Manager works fine, though I don't know what archive_with is.

www.JBMWebDesign.com
          www.JBMAutomation.com
          • 127 Posts
          Update.

Did a fresh install of both Xampp and MODX. I was able to download addons and install them, and they were visible. But when when I tried to add one locally, search from them locally, it said loading forever. So I refreshed the page and all the addons disappeared from package management. Something screwy is a foot smiley

Even when I do I refresh of the packages, it just loads for ever. Something is hanging up....but there is nothing in the log that I can see.

What else can I look at?
            www.JBMWebDesign.com
            www.JBMAutomation.com
            • 24,544 Posts
            Did you change that archive_with System Setting? The default is "No" (mine is set to that) and your version of PHP should include ZipArchive unless it's fairly old.

What version of PHP are you running?
              My MODX Extras
              • 127 Posts
              Archive_with set to yes was one of the first things I did.

So this is what I have noticed. What I am trying to do is load a vapor backup of a site I did. When I dump that zip file into the packages folder and search for packages locally, the package manager kind of locks up, and just says loading for ever. Once I refresh the page all the packages disappear if there is only one page, if there are multiple pages of addons, the page with the zip file will just load for ever.

If I remove the zip file, the directory that was created with the same name, and the entry in the database, refresh the package manager, all the addons are shown. Not sure why this is, I have used this file before and it worked fine but something about it (and all vapor backups) it doesn't like. I have tried different vapor zip files and all of them have the same result.

PHP version is 7.2.6 see Screen Shot

Quote from: BobRay at Jun 21, 2018, 05:08 AM
              Did you change that archive_with System Setting? The default is "No" (mine is set to that) and your version of PHP should include ZipArchive unless it's fairly old.

What version of PHP are you running?
                www.JBMWebDesign.com
                www.JBMAutomation.com
                • 24,544 Posts
                Is the site large? It's possible that Vapor is timing out either when creating the backup or when installing it. It's also possible that Vapor is not compatible with the current version of MODX.

See if you can unzip the backup on your own. It may be corrupted. I think any corrupted .zip file will crash Package Manager.
                  My MODX Extras