We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    Dear Modx User,

i just need short help to get my old data, snippets etc. from an old modx evo version, wich went down and i am not able to get my old data to start a new camapign with the current revo version.

so if i get on my page there´s a white screen and i don´t know what to do and how to start. is there a guide for amodx debug or something, or can i only get my old data from the database?

thanks for your help

kind regards

sophist
      • 953 Posts
      Why don't you just update the old version of Evo to the latest and then convert it to Revo, if that is what you want to do ?
        • 108 Posts
        You can try using the add-on provisioner (I am attaching a revised version, that can work on current versions of revo), but I would advise you to import tables into the database and create resources using the PDO (for accessing the tables data) and then use xPDO for creating resources. Imported snippets may not work, as API EVO / REVO not the same.
          • 5 Posts
          Thanks for the quick response, but maybe one step back. my old site was hacked and i can´t reach my old evo manager, to copy the content into a new revo.

any ideas for reactivate the site, copy the old content and delete the old evo files then.

thanks again.
            • 953 Posts
            To make things clear for those who are answering:

Do you want to move your site from Evo to Revo - YES or NO
              • 5 Posts
              Quote from: iusemodx at Jun 10, 2018, 12:19 PM
              To make things clear for those who are answering:

Do you want to move your site from Evo to Revo - YES or NO

yes and no smiley

i want to install a new revo and need the content from my old evo.

my old evo is down and it needs to be up to copy the content to the new revo.
                • 108 Posts
                Quote from: sophist78 at Jun 10, 2018, 11:17 AM
                Thanks for the quick response, but maybe one step back. my old site was hacked and i can´t reach my old evo manager, to copy the content into a new revo.

any ideas for reactivate the site, copy the old content and delete the old evo files then.

thanks again.

You have access to database?
                  • 953 Posts
                  So the answer is YES - you want to move your content to Revo

I don't know Provisioner, but I have used GoRevo from Bobray - works a treat and isnt complicated

If you have any problems using it I am sure Bobray will kindly offer support
                    • 5 Posts
                    Quote from: argonaut2k at Jun 10, 2018, 02:01 PM
                    Quote from: sophist78 at Jun 10, 2018, 11:17 AM

thanks again.

You have access to database?

yeah i have access to the old database, but don´t want to import it to the new, cause of base64 stuff inside some tables
                      • 5 Posts
                      Quote from: argonaut2k at Jun 10, 2018, 09:26 AM
                      You can try using the add-on provisioner (I am attaching a revised version, that can work on current versions of revo), but I would advise you to import tables into the database and create resources using the PDO (for accessing the tables data) and then use xPDO for creating resources. Imported snippets may not work, as API EVO / REVO not the same.

i´ll try it now, but i hope it won´t affect my new database.