We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 572 Posts
    Hello,
    I recently upgraded to the latest 2.6.3 version and an extra is no longer working. I'm not 100% sure if the upgrade is related to the extra not working.
    The extra concerned is a very old one (last update 2013 i think) and called ChurchEventsCalendar. The specific problem is that the select boxes on the admin form for the calendar are not being populated.

I am seeing the following errors:
    [2018-05-10 12:49:45] (ERROR @ /home/wwwstarn/public_html/core/components/formit/src/FormIt/Hook.php : 154) [FormIt] Could not find hook "loadDefaults".
    [2018-05-10 12:49:45] (ERROR @ /home/wwwstarn/public_html/core/model/modx/modparser.class.php : 540) Could not find snippet with name tinymce.
    [2018-05-10 12:49:45] (ERROR @ /home/wwwstarn/public_html/core/model/modx/modparser.class.php : 540) Could not find snippet with name tinymce.

I wonder if it's something to do with the FormIt Hook error?
    Any ideas?

Thanks
    Janice

This question has been answered by 9thwave. See the first response.

[ed. note: 9thwave last edited this post 5 years, 11 months ago.]
      www.9thwave.co.uk
         WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
      • 932 Posts
      What version of modx have you updated from? Have you also updated formit to the latest version ?
        ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
        • 572 Posts
        Quote from: lkfranklin at May 10, 2018, 12:10 PM
        What version of modx have you updated from? Have you also updated formit to the latest version ?

I upgraded from 2.6.0
        And FormIt is up to date, 4.0.1

I could always revert back to version 2.6.0 to see if that remedies the issue.

Thanks
          www.9thwave.co.uk
             WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
          • 932 Posts
          I don't think that'll work. It looks like you had a custom snippet called 'loadDefaults' and 'tinymce' which are no longer there. Any chance they could have been deleted somehow?

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
            • 572 Posts
            Well I've restored the database and files to the day before i upgraded and the select fields are still not being populated with options they should be.
            The new error log looks like this:
            [2018-05-11 10:35:17] (ERROR @ /home/wwwstarn/public_html/core/xpdo/om/xpdoobject.class.php : 240) Error 42S22 executing statement: 
            Array
            (
                [0] => 42S22
                [1] => 1054
                [2] => Unknown column 'cgSetting.source' in 'field list'
            )

[2018-05-11 10:35:17] (ERROR @ /home/wwwstarn/public_html/core/components/formit/src/FormIt/Hook.php : 154) [FormIt] Could not find hook "loadDefaults".
            [2018-05-11 10:35:17] (ERROR @ /home/wwwstarn/public_html/core/model/modx/modparser.class.php : 540) Could not find snippet with name tinymce.
            [2018-05-11 10:35:17] (ERROR @ /home/wwwstarn/public_html/core/model/modx/modparser.class.php : 540) Could not find snippet with name tinymce.
            [2018-05-11 10:35:20] (ERROR @ /home/wwwstarn/public_html/core/xpdo/om/xpdoobject.class.php : 240) Error 42S22 executing statement: 
            Array
            (
                [0] => 42S22
                [1] => 1054
            )

Anyone any suggestions?
            Thanks
              www.9thwave.co.uk
                 WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
              • 932 Posts
              Can you paste your formit call?

• 572 Posts
                Thanks @LK.
                I don't see how any snippets would get deleted.
                And in all the churchEventsCalendar chunks i cannot find any FormIt calls!!
                I've tried to install the churchEventsCalendar on another Modx install but it won't install on 2.6.3 so i need to install an older version of Modx which i'm not going to get time to do at the moment.
                will report back after i've got it installed.
                  www.9thwave.co.uk
                     WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
                • [2018-05-11 10:35:17] (ERROR @ /home/wwwstarn/public_html/core/xpdo/om/xpdoobject.class.php : 240) Error 42S22 executing statement: 
                  Array
                  (
                      [0] => 42S22
                      [1] => 1054
                  )

That error comes from ClientConfig (which for some reason that I can't remember uses cg as prefix for its models). Try mashing the reinstall button on clientconfig in the package manager to force it to run the upgrades to see if that does away with that error.

It's a bit of a stretch, but if your formit or churcheventscalendar integration for some reason rely on options in ClientConfig, that could potentially be related.
                    Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
                    • 572 Posts
                    Thanks @MarkHamstra.
                    Unfortunately updating and reinstalling ClientConfig does not resolve the issue.
                    The calendar doesn't use ClientConfig as far as i'm aware but that error has now disappeared and i now only get the errors for FormIt and the Tinymce snippet as before.
                    I think i'll have to get someone who's more code-minded than myself to take a look.
                    Thanks all for your suggestions.
                      www.9thwave.co.uk
                         WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
                    • discuss.answer
                      • 572 Posts
                      The problem was from a FormIt update - i'm not sure which one.
                      I've rolled back to FormIt 3.0.0 and everything works as expected.
                        www.9thwave.co.uk
                           WEB | DESIGN | PRINT