We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi Everyone,
    Has anyone here experienced being logged out randomly of manager now and then?
    I've been having this issue and it happens all the time, sometimes when I try to log in again using the same username and password it results to an error in validation saying username and password is incorrect but sometimes you just have to wait for a couple of minutes then refresh the page and then it will load the manager page (weird). Sometimes it pops up this error "Code: 401 Unauthorized
    {"success":false,"message":"Access denied.","total":0,"data":[],"object":{"code":401}}"
    And on the frontend side, sometimes the homepage is not loading but a 404 page instead. [ed. note: sandino last edited this post 6 years ago.]
      • 24,544 Posts
      All of that sounds like a session issue. The login credentials are stored in a session variable and read by the login processor (which is where that JSON is coming from). If you can't log in with the correct credentials, usually it's because the session is being lost. When the session is lost, you also get logged out of the Manager.

This is often a problem with shared servers at not-so-great hosts.

Sometimes it helps to change the session.save_path to something local in php.ini (I'd recommend that it be above your web root for security).

FYI: MODX-Friendly Hosts
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 3 Posts
        Thanks @BobRay, will try this and see what happens.