We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24 Posts
    I have a website running on EVO 1.2.1. I'd like to migrate it to REVO. I downloaded and installed the REVO package (2.6.1-pl) to a subdirectory /revo/ on my server. Install completed successfully and the Congratulations page loads when I go to mydomain.com/revo/. When I go the Manager page, I get the login but after entering my login info, I get a blank page in Firefox and a "The website cannot display the page" in IE11. I've tried deleting the cache, clearing my browser, turned off compress_css and compress_js but nothing works. How do I get this working?

This question has been answered by BobRay. See the first response.

• 24,544 Posts
      If you transferred the users table, the login won't work because Revo uses a different hashing algorithm for the password.

You might consider GoRevo, which transfers an Evo site to Revo and handles the hashing mismatch for you.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 24 Posts
        I haven't yet transfered any thing from the old site. All I did was install Revo into a subdirectory. I should be able to login with the account I created during the intall but I just get a completely blank white page after entering my login info.
          • 7 Posts
          You will be easier to move with the help of "provisioner" to transfer the site between different versions of MODX revolution and move from MODx evolution to MODX revolution
            • 24,544 Posts
            There are a number of things that can cause the blank page after a new installation. Here are some of them:

Too little memory
            PHP version too old
            Session storage problems
            Permission problems on the server
            Missing of corrupted MODX files due to uploading them individually with FTP
            Old index.html file in MODX root directory
              My MODX Extras
              • 24 Posts
              BobRay,
              thanks. I'm running on a hosted shared server so I don't have any way to know about memory or session storage problems. MY PHP version is 5.3.29. I looked at permissions. I didn't check every file but it looks like folders are 755 and files are 644. I did due the initial install by uploading the files via FTP. I deleted everything and uploaded the zip file. Unzipped using SSL, and reran the install. Completed successfully but still no Manager page. I also confirmed that there is no index.html file anywhere.

How do I go about troubleshooting this?
                • 24 Posts
                Some new info. Looking at my server logs, I found this in php_error-ssl:
                [04-Apr-2018 14:46:53 EST5EDT] [client 00.00.00.00 ] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'DateTime::__construct(): Failed to parse time string (EST5EDT) at position 3 (5): Unexpected character' in /big/dom/xgraylineinc/www/revo/manager/controllers/default/dashboard/widget.grid-online.php:17
                This is followed by a stack trace which I didn't include.

After clearing all of the caches, when I try to login to the Manager the first time it comes back with the login page again. When I try the 2nd time, I get the blank page and the error above is added to the log.
                • discuss.answer
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  It looks like your data/timezone setting is invalid.

See if there's a php.ini file with something like this in it:

date.timezone = "US/Central"

MODX also has a date_timezone System Setting that should match the php.ini value. You can see it in the DB in the modx_system_settings table.
                    My MODX Extras
                    • 24 Posts
                    I don't find any php.ini files any were on my web server. In the Modx_system_settings table the date_timezone record has no value. I also found in the php server variables two variables: "time zone" = "system" and "system time zone" = "EDT". Should I enter a value into the date_timezone system setting and if so, what should it be?
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      I believe it should be:

America/New_York

But just to make sure, put this code in a file called timezone.php:

echo date_default_timezone_get();
                      exit;

Then visit the file in your browser. Put whatever gets displayed into the MODX System Setting.
                        My MODX Extras