We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,118 Posts
    Hi - I am working on getting quip to work with recaptchaV2 - as part of this work, I have noticed that the solution to use recaptchaV2 has created an odd bug relating to the display of quip comments using the
    [[+comments]]
    code call...

Basically - approved comments submitted when using the recaptchaV2 solution means that these comments do not display using the
    [[+comments]]
    code call...

however...

If I use the
    [[!QuipLatestComments]]
    code call... they are rendered...

Does anyone have a reason why this might be? I cant seem to find any way of adding parameters to the
    [[+comments]]
    chunk to force it to render all relevant comments...

Its very odd! any ideas anyone?

RE: getting quip to work with recaptchaV2 all we are doing is using the recaptchaV2 addon (https://modx.com/extras/package/recaptchav2) - calling it via a prehooks call and then also made an edit to the core/components/quip/processors/web/comment/create.php file to change the line:
    $quip->preHooks->loadMultiple($this->getProperty('preHooks',''),$this->getProperties(),array(
    to become
    $quip->preHooks->loadMultiple($this->getProperty('preHooks',''),$fields,array(
    - so not sure if this change is creating the issue??

quipReply code call is:
    [[!QuipReply? &thread=`[[*pagetitle]]` &preHooks=`recaptchav2` &closeAfter=`0` &tplAddComment=`quipAddComment_recaptchaV2` &moderate=`1` ]]

With inside the quipAddComment_recaptchaV2 chunk, I have the code below to render the recaptchaV2 element:
    [[!recaptchav2_render]]
    <span class="quip-error"> [[!+error.recaptchav2_error]]</span>

Anyone got any ideas???

This question has been answered by dubbs. See the first response.

• 24,544 Posts
      You might try this, in case it's a cache issue:

[[!+comments]]

It shouldn't matter, since the snippet that sets the placeholder is called uncached (right?), but it's worth a try.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 1,118 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Mar 03, 2018, 10:47 PM
        You might try this, in case it's a cache issue:

[[!+comments]]

It shouldn't matter, since the snippet that sets the placeholder is called uncached (right?), but it's worth a try.

Hi Bob - no, sorry no change... something odd going on!
          • 1,118 Posts
          Is there a way to list ALL quip comments from a thread? A manual way with a new snippet perhaps?
            • 24,544 Posts
            I gave it a shot with several different methods, but kept coming up against this:

Error: Class 'quipComment_mysql' not found in core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 783

My MODX Extras
              • 1,118 Posts
              Quote from: BobRay at Mar 05, 2018, 05:30 AM
              I gave it a shot with several different methods, but kept coming up against this:
              Error: Class 'quipComment_mysql' not found in core\xpdo\xpdo.class.php on line 783

Hi Bob - what did you try?
                • 1,118 Posts
                Looking into this from looking at quip in the Manager - it looks like using the new method means the comments are being stored in a 2nd version of the comments thread for a blog post... so we have 2 versions, one using the quip comment id - e.g. "article-b32-137" and then also a version with the actual blog post title e.g. "Test blog post" - the comments that get placed inside the quip comment id version of the thread will appear if using [[+comments]] to fetch back comments, but not those using the page title... This is the issue I have here... Is there a way to force the [[+comments]] chunk to fetch both comments for the 2 versions of the thread???

So... the issue is as above - just hard coded a thread id and the comment was submitted correctly...

So... the issue seems to be with
                [[!QuipReply? &thread=`myThread`

Its trying to add comments to a thread using the pageTitle rather than the thread ID... how can I force it to add comments to the thread ID???
                • discuss.answer
                  • 1,118 Posts
                  UPDATE - I've hacked around this using:
                  &thread=`article-BLOGARTICLEID-[[*id]]`

So replace 'BLOGARTICLEID' with the page ID of your blog/articles resource and it will work... wink
                    • 1,118 Posts
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      I'm glad you got it sorted. smiley
                        My MODX Extras