We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 25 Posts
    Evo 1.4
    PHP 7.0
    MaxiGallery 0.6
    In various installations, local and live, there are no more pictures shown in dragsort view, maybe since update to Evo 1.4RC or 1.4.
    In developer tools console I get this error:
    „TypeError: this.className.test is not a function“ Do not know if this is the reason for no pictures on the page.

Normal gallery view and normal gallery management page are o.k.

Anybody with the same problem or any idea how to solve the issue?
    Manually changing position in gallery management view works but is no solution with some hundred pictures.
      • 953 Posts
      I see you have also posted in the maxigallery github repo, I would advise to post in the main evo repo as well if no-one is answering your question(s)
        • 25 Posts
        The reason for the issue seems not related to the version of Evo but to the use of SVG icons.

After some testing I found a strange way to trigger the issue:
        If I replace in working 1.4.0.RC2
        <i class="icon"></i>right
        with
        <svg class="icon icon-right"><use xlink:href="assets/images/icons/symbol-defs.svg#icon-right"></use></svg>
        anywhere in template or any chunk without changing anything else this triggers reproducibly the issue.

In Evo 1.4.1 the behaviour is the same.

I tested some further and have found that adding SVG icon instead of icon font to maxigallery template is o.k. and works. But as soon as I replace an icon font icon in a chunk (that is not related to maxigallery) or page template to an SVG icon as above there are no more pics in dragsort view and the error appears in dev console.

Has anybody any idea what is going on here and how to solve the issue?