We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 10 Posts
    Description of Problem:
    Hello, when I try to update version 2.5.8-> 2.6.1, I get an error
    Warning: require_once(/var/www/hvinfo/data/www/tst.ru/setup/includes/drivers/modinstalldriver_mysqli.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/hvinfo/data/www/tst.ru/setup/includes/modinstall.class.php on line 79

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/hvinfo/data/www/tst.ru/setup/includes/drivers/modinstalldriver_mysqli.class.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php70/share/pear:/opt/php70/share/php/php') in /var/www/hvinfo/data/www/tst.ru/setup/includes/modinstall.class.php on line 79

Steps to Reproduce:

Expected Outcome:

• MODX Version:2.58
    • PHP Version:7.0.23
    • Database (MySQL, SQL Server, etc) Version:5.5.56-2
    • Additional Server Info:
    • FastCGI (Apache) + Nginx
      Apache 2.4.6-67.centos.2
      MySQL 5.5.56-2.
      PHP 7.0.23 )
      Kernel 4.14.5-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64

• Installed MODX Add-ons:
    • Wayfinder
      translit
      TinyMCE Rich Text Edito
      TinyMCE
      SimpleSearch
      ReCaptchaV2
      pdoTools
      getResources
      getPage
      FormIt
      Ace

This question has been answered by BobRay. See the first response.

[ed. note: srgudvin last edited this post 6 years, 1 month ago.]
      • 24,544 Posts
      I'm not sure if this will solve your problem, but you should always upgrade to the x.x.0 versions first (in this case 2.6.0). That's where changes to the DB and file structure usually occur.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 10 Posts
        Where can I download version 2.6?
          • 1,572 Posts
          • discuss.answer
            • 24,544 Posts
            Or you can get it and install it with a few clicks using the UpgradeMODX extra.
              My MODX Extras
              • 10 Posts
              Unfortunately, when I try to update 2.5.8-> 2.6.0, I get the same error
              Warning: require_once(/var/www/hvinfo/data/www/tst.ru/setup/includes/drivers/modinstalldriver_mysqli.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/hvinfo/data/www/tst.ru/setup/includes/modinstall.class.php on line 79

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/hvinfo/data/www/tst.ru/setup/includes/drivers/modinstalldriver_mysqli.class.php' (include_path='.:/opt/php70/share/pear:/opt/php70/share/php/php') in /var/www/hvinfo/data/www/tst.ru/setup/includes/modinstall.class.php on line 79
                • 10 Posts
                error.log
                [2018-02-16 21:42:23] (ERROR @ /var/www/***/data/www/tst.ru/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 644) Could not load class: pdoParser from pdoparser.
                [2018-02-16 21:42:23] (ERROR @ /var/www/***/data/www/tst.ru/core/xpdo/xpdo.class.php : 1247) Problem getting service parser, instance of class pdoParser, from path /var/www/hvinfo/data/www/tst.ru/core/components/pdotools/model/pdotools/
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  Does this file exist in that location?

/var/www/hvinfo/data/www/tst.ru/setup/includes/drivers/modinstalldriver_mysqli.class.php

If it does, there's a problem with its permissions or ownership or a similar problem with the directories above it.

If not, and you uploaded the MODX files individually using FTP, that often results in missing or corrupted files.

If you uploaded the MODX .zip file and expanded it on the server, it's easy to end up with all the files in a subdirectory named for the MODX version, rather than the MODX root.

What I would do in your situation is to roll back to 2.5.8 (assuming that you have a backup), then install and use the UpgradeMODX extra to upgrade to 2.6.0, then 2.6.1. It's much more reliable than copying the files yourself.
                    My MODX Extras
                    • 10 Posts

When I try to upgrade via UpgradedMODH I get the same error.
                    There is no file modinstalldriver_mysqli.class.php in the installation folder
                    modinstalldriver_sqlsrv.class.php
                    modinstalldriver_mysql.class.php
                    modinstalldriver.class.php

• 10 Posts
                      The problem was solved by replacing in the configuration file "mysqli" by "mysql"