We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 143 Posts
    I am going to use LOGIN to create a user base and I would like to lit the users with some profile information. How would I go about listing these users? Just need some direcitons
      • 24,544 Posts
      Use the Peoples extra.

If the user list changes often, you'll want to call it uncached:

[[!Peoples]]

You'll probably want to use the Register snippet (part of the Login extra) to create the users.

As an alternative, you might also want to look at Subscribe, which wraps the Register snippet and provides some extra bells and whistles.

The Notify extra works with Subscribe to send email notifications to users in specific user groups, or who have specific interests.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 143 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Feb 03, 2018, 07:11 AM
        Use the Peoples extra.

If the user list changes often, you'll want to call it uncached:

[[!Peoples]]

You'll probably want to use the Register snippet (part of the Login extra) to create the users.

As an alternative, you might also want to look at Subscribe, which wraps the Register snippet and provides some extra bells and whistles.

The Notify extra works with Subscribe to send email notifications to users in specific user groups, or who have specific interests.

Thanks Bob,

What if I want the peoples and information form their profile?
          • 24,544 Posts
          I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure Peoples will set placeholders for all of the modUser and modUserProfile fields.

You can then put tags for them in the Tpl chunk.

The docs there indicate that it will handle extended fields (which are in the modUserProfile object), so it must be setting profile fields as well as user fields.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting