We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 77 Posts
    Hello,

on a fresh install of Revo 2.6.1 I'm getting "Your MODX_CORE_PATH is invalid" warning at first step of setup.

I double-checked the indicated path is correct with phpinfo DOCUMENT_ROOT, I tried with and without slashes, and I chmoded core folder and config files to 755, but when hitting submit there is no change.

The Revo site is in a subdomain.

The hosting company is a big one with other Revo sites running okay, PHP version is 5.6.30.

Thanks for any hint!
      • 24,544 Posts
      Setup is dumb about the core path. It assumes that the core is in the same directory as the setup directory and makes you enter it manually if not, and it's picky about the path. It should be a full path from the server root like home/user/public_html/modxRootDirectory/. It must end in a slash.

You might also try modifying the config.core.php file in the setup directory and hard-coding the path there.

There could also be an issue with the ownership of the core directory.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 77 Posts
        Thanks Bob,

I checked ownership and rights and I also have setup directory in same folder as core. Even entering the core path into config.core.php file in the setup directory doesn't help.

Never had that before, strange. I uploaded an new copy of Revo to another directory, this is working now.

Next step is GoRevo!
          • 24,544 Posts
          It doesn't sound like this is a localhost install, but if it is, you may have to include the subdirectory in the RewriteBase line in .htaccess. Make sure it ends in a slash.

FWIW, I usually rename .htaccess to something else, turn off friendly URLs in System Settings, and manually delete all files in the core/cache directory before doing any kind of migration. It's two less things to worry about.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting