We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 58 Posts
    Hi, I use MODX 2.6.1 with php 7.0.26.

Since I updated mySQL to 5.7.20 I get this error:

[2017-12-12 23:23:23] (ERROR @ ......./core/xpdo/om/xpdoobject.class.php : 240) Error 42000 executing statement: 
    Array
    (
        [0] => 42000
        [1] => 1055
        [2] => Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'usr_web555_5.modManagerLog.id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by
    )

I guess this issue is well known since mySQL version 5.7.5+ ?
    e.g.: stackoverflow.com
    and it worked by changing the sql mode:
    SET GLOBAL sql_mode=(SELECT REPLACE(@@sql_mode,'ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY',''));

My question please: Does this command really solve the error and why is it not fixed in MODX?

jo
      • 58 Posts
      OK, I've tested it with a new installation and get the same error.

I guess the modManagerLog does not support the sql_mode ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY?
      Unfortunately, I cannot find the initiator by the error message.
      Can anyone confirm this? Maybe it is a bug?
      • Sounds like something worth to report on github if it isn't there already. I'd suspect the dashboard widget that goes through the manager log for recent activity might be triggering it? Or viewing the full manager log?
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
          • 58 Posts
          Thanks for the hint Mark!
          You are right: The widget "Who's Online" cause this error.

I report this error: issue 13730