We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi there,

I'm trying to upgrade an installation of MODX, but I can't seem to identify which version is the current one. When I am logged in to the Manager area, on the top left corner of the window it says 2.5.0 traditional, but the /core/docs/version.inc.php and the database are showing 2.2.0pl. Should I assume that I am at 2.2.0 and approach my upgrade from that standpoint? Or am I somehow at 2.5.0 and the database/version.inc.php file have not been updated?

How can I know for sure? I've been struggling with updating this site now for some time, but didn't notice this conflicting version info until just now. I've been approaching the update as if I were at version 2.5.0 to this point. Thoughts? Need any more info?
      • 24,544 Posts
      That suggests that some of your files or directories are not writable. I would check that first. Once the permissions are correct, I'd also suggest changing the settings_version System Setting to 2.2.0 and using the UpgradeMODX extra to upgrade to 2.3.0, 2.4.0, and 2.5.0 before upgrading to the current version.

You may have to increase the versions to show setting in UpgradeMODX. You may also have to manually delete all files in the core/cache directory before that takes effect.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting