We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    Hi all, I'm hoping this is my last and final post about this topic. Thank you to the Modx Community for helping me a lot along the way! I've learned a lot and hope to forward that to others in need.

I've finally got my formIt form to work successfully! One issue is that our client claims they do not receive the submission form? I've tested out my form on many emails (with success): gmail, yahoo, unm.edu, even a huge oil company email (thanks to my husband) so that I can see if his company was rejecting it - nope, he was able to receive it too, no problemo.

Is there something I'm missing? Does it have to do with the network I'm on? I've checked the quickemail and it says 'Send Reported Successful.' I am completely stumped and need this resolved asap. :-(

Any help is truly appreciated! Below I've attached my code and the SMTP part (which I'm not using):

[[!FormIt?
    &hooks=`spam,email,redirect`
    &emailTpl=`sentEmailHQ`
    &emailFrom=`[email protected]`
    &emailFromName=`Domain Name`
    &emailSubject=`Message from Contact Us`
    &emailTo=`[email protected],[email protected]`
    &redirectTo=`26`
    ]]

<form id="contactFrom" class="cmxform" method="post" action="[[~[[*id]]]]" role="form" onsubmit="myFunction()">

<div class="messages"></div>

<div class="controls">

<div class="row">
                <div class="col-md-4">
                    <div class="form-group">
                        <label for="contact_name">First *</label>
                        <input id="contact_name" type="text" name="contact_name" value="[[!+fi.contact_name]]" class="form-control" placeholder="Please enter your first name" required="required" data-error="Firstname is required.">
                        <div class="help-block with-errors"></div>
                    </div>
                </div>
                <div class="col-md-4">
                    <div class="form-group">
                        <label for="contact_last">Last *</label>
                        <input id="contact_last" type="text" name="contact_last" value="[[!+fi.contact_last]]" class="form-control" placeholder="Please enter your last name" required="required" data-error="Lastname is required.">
                    </div>
                </div>
            </div>
            <div class="row">
                <div class="col-md-4">
                    <div class="form-group">
                        <label for="contact_email">Email *</label>
                        <input id="contact_email" type="email" name="contact_email" value="[[!+fi.contact_email]]" class="form-control" placeholder="Please enter a valid email address" required="required" data-error="Valid email is required.">
                    </div>
                </div>
                <div class="col-md-4">
                    <div class="form-group">
                        <label for="contact_phone">Phone</label>
                        <input id="contact_phone_NA_format" type="tel" name="contact_phone_NA_format" value="[[!+fi.contact_phone_NA_format]]" class="form-control" placeholder="Please enter your phone">
                    </div>
                </div>
            </div>
            <div class="row">
                <div class="col-md-8">
                    <div class="form-group">
                        <label for="contact_message">Message *</label>
                        <textarea id="contact_message" name="contact_message" class="form-control" placeholder="Message for us" rows="4" required="required" data-error="Please,leave us a message.">[[!+fi.contact_message]]</textarea>
                    </div>
                </div>
                <div class="col-md-12">
                    <input type="submit" class="btn btn-success btn-send submit" value="Submit" name="submit">
                </div>
            </div>
            <div class="row">
                <div class="col-md-12">
                    <p class="text-muted"><strong>*</strong> These fields are required.</p>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>

</form>

This question has been answered by andytough. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 571 Posts
      Are the &emailFrom and the &emailTo both email addresses that belong to the client?

If they are then you may need to ask the client to ensure that their SPF record allows emails from their domain to be sent via your web server.

lkfranklin mentioned this in relation to your own domain in your previous post, but it might need to be done by the client if you are using if the answer to the question above is 'yes'.

If their email server is set up to check SPF records, and your email appears to come from their own domain, but is not coming from one of their own list of permitted servers then they will probably junk the email, assuming that you are a spammer trying to spoof their email address.

For information about what an SPF record is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework

If I help you out on these forums I would be very grateful if you would consider rating me on Trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/andytough.com

email: [email protected] | website: https://andytough.com
        • 18 Posts
        Quote from: andytough at Nov 15, 2017, 06:19 PM
        Are the &emailFrom and the &emailTo both email addresses that belong to the client?

If they are then you may need to ask the client to ensure that their SPF record allows emails from their domain to be sent via your web server.

lkfranklin mentioned this in relation to your own domain in your previous post, but it might need to be done by the client if you are using if the answer to the question above is 'yes'.

If their email server is set up to check SPF records, and your email appears to come from their own domain, but is not coming from one of their own list of permitted servers then they will probably junk the email, assuming that you are a spammer trying to spoof their email address.

For information about what an SPF record is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework

Thank you so much! I got them to make the noreply email onto their server and was able to get the SMTP information.