We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 67 Posts
    Hi all... getting a blank page (with a tiny Help link in the right corner) when I try to install a package..any package.

Was happening on MODX 2.3.6 but I was able to upgrade and install FormIt and one other package but then I got to TinyMCE 4.3.3...tried to upgrade to 4.3.4...which it downloaded but thats when I got the blank page. Nothing else will install.

I've since upgraded to 2.5.0 but still get the issue. js and css compression off, and cleared cache folder and repaired db tables.

In chrome, this is what I see in the console (see attached).
      • 24,544 Posts
      Have you tried visiting with the browser in private or incognito mode? Several times I've had leftover cookies mess up the Manager after an upgrade.

I also had a problem at one time with the blank console on both package installs and clearing the cache in the Manager after a package install. Reloading the page before doing anything that involved the console worked to prevent it, and at some point, it went away.

Are you sure the packages are not being installed?

If none of that works, I'd try to remove all versions of TinyMCE and all its components like archivist and quip (uninstall doesn't always do it). Then install the latest version. I recall having to go into the DB to clean out TinyMCE quite a while ago. It was no fun. I had to clear all its components, clear the records in modx_transport_packages, and IIRC, modify the extension_packages System Setting.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 67 Posts
        Yes I tried in incognito mode and also on another browser on another computer.

The package files are being downloaded and reside in the package manager with the green Install button. Page goes blank when I click on that.

I'd try to remove all versions of TinyMCE and all its components like archivist and quip

I had no idea archivist and quip were components of TinyMCE - are you sure about this? I do have archivist and quip installed because Articles is also installed. Do I need to remove that as well? Also if I get everything working, is Articles going to be ok on the latest MODX version (as I've heard support for that ended years ago).
          • 67 Posts
          Right now I have no errors in Sitecheck.

ANd I removed a few extras including getpage and getresources. What is listed in the packages list is the same as in the db table.

This is what I get when I try to install an extra:

that connectors/index.php file exists and the permissions are 644.

Not sure what's going on.

I will likely have to restore from a backup and try something else.
            • 67 Posts
            Update again.

I restored to 2.3.5. Removed TinyMCE...then I successfully upgraded to FOrmit 3.0.4 but right after I tried to install UpgradeMODX and *that* failed.

So I am going to do another restore and hold off on upgrading Formit 3.0.4
              • 67 Posts
              Update 2.

Did another restore. Removed TinyMCE. Cleared cache and deleted files in cache folder. Tried to install UpgradeMODX. It downloaded fine but got the blank page again.
                • 24,544 Posts
                Double-check the connectors path in config.inc.php, and make sure the connectors directory is where it says and has an index.php file.

My MODX Extras
                  • 67 Posts
                  Yes those are fine.

Ok, so I restored again...left TinyMCE alone. Tried to install UpgradeMODX and it failed....however...I tried upgrading Formit...and it upgraded fine.

Tried to install fastfield...it failed

Then...tried to upgrade MIGX and that worked...so the system has an issue with some extras..particularly new, downloaded extras...not ones that are already in the package list. I am going to try to download an extra zip manually and upload it and see if that makes a difference.
                    • 67 Posts
                    I've seen these lines in the error log.

[2017-11-06 13:35:05] (ERROR @ /assets/components/bigbrother/connector.php) Array
                    (
                        [result] => Array
                            (
                                [error] => invalid_grant
                            )

=> 400
                    [content_type] => application/json; charset=utf-8
                    )

[2017-11-06 13:35:05] (ERROR @ /connectors/index.php) Could not load class: TicketsSection from mysql.ticketssection.
                    [2017-11-06 13:35:31] (ERROR @ /connectors/index.php) Could not load class: TicketsSection from mysql.ticketssection.
                    [2017-11-06 13:36:00] (ERROR @ /connectors/index.php) Could not load class: TicketsSection from mysql.ticketssection.
                    Any idea about ticketsection?
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      Sorry, I've never heard of that class. It appears to be part of BigBrother (which might not be compatible with the current version of MODX).

What's in the extension_packages System Setting?
                        My MODX Extras