We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 77 Posts
    Hello,
    I was using the great GoRevo (Extra made by Bob Ray) to update from Evolution into a fresh MODX Revo 2.5.8 site. Everything went fine, except that I can't upload images in MoreGallery (made by ModMore) and in standard Gallery extra.

Even 'import' image in Gallery / MoreGallery does not work, displaying already uploaded images is resulting in !
    'forbidden'.

The response is 'forbidden' - the message pops up after uploading the file, as it seems.

The upload is working when inserting images directly into content or tv's.

I checked folder permissions, they are fine. I'm not sure if there may be a user permissions problem, I'm logged in as Admin / Super User.

Thanks for any hints!

This question has been answered by markh. See the first response.

[ed. note: hgw7m last edited this post 6 years, 6 months ago.]
    • discuss.answer
      It might be related to the permissions on the root of the media source. If MODX can't write there, the media sources don't allow uploads to be created further down in the directory structure either.
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 77 Posts
        Thanks Mark for the hint.

Turned out I had a htaccess file in /assets (originally MODX Evo installation) that denied php access because of security reasons.
          • 77 Posts
          Quote from: markh at Oct 28, 2017, 01:27 PM
          It might be related to the permissions on the root of the media source. If MODX can't write there, the media sources don't allow uploads to be created further down in the directory structure either.

Hello, I just noticed that the ulpoad_files setting in System Settings has to include the image formats that you want to upload. The listing of the image file formats in upload_images alone has not been sufficient.

Maybe this helps if someone else is having the same issue.