We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 35 Posts
    Just to share something.

Today something strange happened. I tried to get Formit to work but I failed. I set up a very basic form:

Name: MyForm
    <div>
    [[!FormIt?
        &hooks=`email`
        &emailTpl=`MyEmailChunk`
        &emailTo=`[email protected]`
        ]]

<form method="post" action="#" class="form">
        <div><input type="text" name="name" id="name" value="" placeholder="Name" /></div>
        <div><input type="email" name="email" id="email" value="" placeholder="Email" /></div>
        <div><input type="text" name="subject" id="subject" value="" placeholder="Subject" /></div>
        <div><textarea name="message" name="message" id="message" placeholder="Message" rows="6"></textarea></div>
        <div><input type="submit" value="Send message"/></div>
    </form>
    </div>

Name: MyEmailChunk
    This is the Formit Email Chunk.

[[+subject]]
    <br />
    [[+name]]
    <br />
    [[+message]]
    <br />
    [[+email]]

I couldn't figure out why the form wasn't send by Formit and tried evry possible solution posted on this board. No succes. Then this fantastic idea crossed my mind switching the template. So I wend from Bootstrap Template to the Base Template et Voila, Deus ex Machina, the form was submitted and was send to my email address.
    For me it was very obscure and puzzling and I don't now what was causing this. So when somebody ran into this same problem, try switching to a very basic template.