We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24 Posts
    Hi All,

I have been trying to update a MODx installation from MODx Revolution 2.0.8-pl
    I tried with the 2.1 version, then 2.2 but ended having an installation plenty of errors, TVs lost, Resources missing, Database and Time zone errors and other issues that forced me to restore my backup.
    I am not worried about migrating custom snippets to xPDO, but had other issues unable to fix.

Should I install versions step by step: Revolution 2.1.0-pl then Revolution 2.1.1-pl, Revolution 2.1.2-pl etc upgrading php versions as well?
    Are there something like 'milestones' steps I could go for?
    Sorry if this is a silly question, I am in trouble with this update.

Thank you!
      Thank you for Modx, and thank you for your help.
      • 24,544 Posts
      In theory, you should be able to upgrade to just the major versions: 2.1.0, 2.2.0, 2.3.0, 2.4.0, 2.5.0, then the current version, but your version is so old (at least 7 years old) you may have some trouble along the way.

I would try again after (in this order):

1. Repairing all tables in the DB
      2. Emptying the Manager Actions log and the Error log
      3. Disabling all plugins
      3. Deleting all files in the core/cache directory

If you see missing resources or elements, see if they are in the DB and just not showing. Some of the trouble could be a side effect of the unset date_timezone System Setting or a setting there that doesn't match the setting in php.ini.

If you see errors, feel free to post them here.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 24 Posts
        Thank you very much for your answer BobRay smiley
        I will do that way and post here if I find any issue.
          Thank you for Modx, and thank you for your help.