We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    10 days of skating, driving, searching, networking, hardly sleeping, and a lot of suffering. We'd 240 hrs to fill all pages within the book. There is no wrong or right technique you can utilize with regards to this continue. As Grant stored yelling basically i had been inside the spots, "There's rather within the ideal time!In . And hubby was right.

Salt Lake City was the beginning point for Nike. We'd the lights setup within the abandoned parking structure and needed to have it selecting some flatground because the clock struck evening Friday morning. Eric did not enter until Saturday, so for your first 36 hrs i used to be without him.

Our first City Challenges elevated to acquire locate Lizard King, also referred to as Mike Plumb, and convince him to acquire our names inked on him. Easy--he already has high quality friends' names inked into his flesh, like PLG, Tommy Bonita, Satan, and Sammy Baca. We tracked him lower around 3:00am at Mark White's house, where he was consuming beers with Adam Dyet. We made the decision that he'd draw the name inside the hat. Everybody was wishing for Koston, but no go the sheet of paper mentioned Rhino.

There is a pizza/beer garden near where Lizard visited get his tattoo. She got the crew hyped to consume some brew. Now, it's Friday, day one of KOTR, and we are relaxing consuming beer mid-mid-day for several hrs. Lizard keeps telling us that we are blowing it.

The 2nd City Challenge elevated to obtain visit the large curved six and ollie lower it, and Justin walked up. Usually during this situation you'd collect precisely what and visit the next place. Wouldn't it are true beer, or even it is simply the gnar about him, but he wanted to acquire a frontside bigspin, too. He began the carcass toss and needed some hard slams, pile-driving the concrete together with his shoulder while his glasses travelled off his face. But transporting out a couple of slams, he rode away as being a champion.

It's Possible!

After landing the bigspin, Justin began in on Grant: "Just gap to grind the rail, it's possible!In . Grant told him to close the fuck up, which back-and-forth ongoing for each volume of. Before extended Grant had folded away clean within the gap to back 50-50. A couple of hrs before, he'd been telling us we'd lose--but Lizard King reaches awe inside the products he just observed. I really like Cory got his hair permed inside the salon? He eventually proven up in this region enjoying it.

The Following challenge elevated to obtain own freshest guy within the team a Corey Duffel makeover. Yeah, which can be Eric Koston. We told him in regards to the challenge round the telephone, simply because they travelled in he'd a warm Subject package: Tight-ass pants, nailpolish, mesh mitts, black wig, punk pins on his vest, along with a lisp. The get-up was amusing. After it had been over, Koston mentioned, "I do not hate Corey, I merely hate the procedure by they dresses."

We did not possess a guide in Colorado, and extremely quickly determined why: Angel Ramirez along with Converse team exist. Our guides were reaching them. We spotted their crew inside the Denver park and cruised on by, eventually obtaining a six-stair rail that have been skate-stopped. We made a decision to grind the stoppers off although it was daylight along with to have it when you're in a position to. Cory was most crailslide, Koston nollie front nosed it, and Justin did a 50-50 up it.

Andy Henrie sweet-spoken the lady who proven up in this area as if a dude while Koston got his. We put bike locks within the rail later on, when another teams attempted to skate it they'd need to do some be employed in the. For your record, Andy did mail the bike lock methods inside the skateshop in Denver once the contest was over, to make sure that rail's really skateable now.

where we'd three City Challenges. First: Frontside grind more than a gnarly entrance corner inside the Memorial skatepark. The park's well-constructed with numerous street stuff, bowls, China banks, along with a pool. Nice work by Team Discomfort one. Grant was the individual to talk about the doorway, and hubby also frontside ollied it. Even rippers uncover it plenty of moving over that factor. It's next spread. If you have been there, you'll understand. Also elevated to acquire ollie within the chain-to-bank inside the crusty Broadmoor Ditch.

The entire team clicked that, and Grant thrown half-Cab within the chain and to the financial institution try. Next challenge: Form a drum circle inside the Garden within the Gods Condition Park and call your spirit animal. OK ... Stopped by Lowe's, bought some orange buckets for drums, and going to the park. Everyone was searching at us like i used to be on drugs, after high quality beats, let us just say spiritual creatures develop (acquiring a few Peyote).

All City Challenges checked off, and then we were headed to Albuquerque, NM, for your mid-point get together.

BOB AND STURGIL

Since all teams were in Albuquerque, we understood everybody visits exactly the same spots. We skated the Indian School ditch for your bank-to-wall methods Cory, Grant, and Ishod needed them there. A couple of within the crew proven up at blast the ditch while ordinary everyone was skating and documenting. Concerning isn't the proper time on KOTR, you avoid spots that you would normally spend hrs at. We visited the Westside skatepark striking the financial institution-to-wall.

All of the teams would get together at high noon every day for a lot of challenges. Everybody had their game faces on, all on guard against other teams hying to appear inside each other peoples vans Wizard Employees, maybe overview of their KOTR book.. .a component that may present an idea regarding where these were going next. We met tabs on our Mystery Visitors--each lady this season--with Marisa Dal Santo within the van for Nike. Transporting out a business Challenges were over we made a decision to deal with a vehicle to Phoenix to attain obtaining a house other crews still in Albuquerque.

The van ride to Arizona is a party on wheels. Justin Brock switched up a notch. Given that they becomes his alter-ego, Bob, who knows what will happen. He was over the telephone, speaking together with his family, calling his buddies. He proven up in this area calling his buddy Sturgil who resides in New You are able to, offering him an initial-class ticket to Vegas to party around inside the finish within the line. Justin put his pants inside the question together with inside the half shirt. Justin did follow-finished Sturgil's flight to Vegas--wouldn't it are actually not first-class, but Sturgil did arrive five hrs before we proven up. Bob always holds his word.

Shateringly Pricey Way

Our City Challenges in Phoenix elevated to acquire skate four pools, with one team member grinding these. Not a problem: We'd Grant Taylor, together with our close friend Wez Lundry to consider us around. Grant essentially grinded all of the pools first run, but we still blew it while using the clock: I used to be getting an enjoyable experience at these pools, skating them for roughly 1 hour.

Multiply that by four, plus add-on another half an hour per pool to empty and dry them It'd just rained in Arizona. Essentially, we wasted every day for 50 points, and then we discovered hard strategies which you don't need to do all of the City Challenges--they are optional. We are in a position to have bumped out other a shorter time-consuming things and received a lot more points.

Cory finally nailed it, and then we were inside the method of Vegas.

THE OL' VERT RAMP COCK BLOCK

We'd have loved to reduce in inside the vert ramp--putting on rollerblades--to buy create in Phoenix. I known as park obtaining a ramp and requested after they had any 'blades to purchase, nonetheless the individual over the telephone began poking fun at me. "Precisely poking fun at? Based on him, "You are not coming here. I am good buddies with Joe Hammeke, and hubby described to not let everyone in." I told him I had been while using the Nike team, and requested him why he'd turn Koston along with crew from his office. He responded by proclaiming that he'd shut lower the Etnies team the evening before, therefore we were not entering.

I told Koston what had happened, and hubby immediately known as man back: "Can you really occur to carry Girl skateboards within your shop? Any longer!. Immediately after I began getting telephone calls from my close friend Wez Lundry, proclaiming that the store owner and Hammeke were tripping due to Koston's call--the guy's worried that he'll lose all his core brands.

Must have thought that before hands! I'd understand whether it may be an outdoors ramp, but it is a skatepark--and a lot of skatepark proprietors want Koston, Grant, J Brock, Cory, and Ishod visiting their spot to skate and movie. You will find really two parks in Phoenix with ramps, therefore we visited the children That Rip park, where owner Take full advantage of Jewett welcomed us and let's you need to do everything we'd have loved. Justin dropped in on 'blades first-time, Grant ripped the ramp padless, and CIRCA proven up second. Karma you are getting each time.

NOTHING LEFT

We folded for that Palms at 10:00pm, two hrs prior to the book and footage was due. Koston might be a barber browsing the accommodation room ready for each challenge involving tech beards, and Jason Hernandez was obtaining the footage so as within the hard disk drive. Grant folded on his board on the top within the entertainment center while steak, lobster tails, and buckets of beer were introduced up via room service. We did not gives you the particular idea how you did when compared with everyone other teams, however was celebrating to conclude anyway. Just getting there rapidly meant the party was on--ignore searching inside the book with no more suffering. Effective or unsuccessful, there is nothing left to complete besides relax have a great time.

Everybody met up each day to uncover what team was the champion. It had been tense, but fun. Videos tend on-screen incorporated inside the announcement, that was stopped momentarily for your Phelper to speak ... Nonetheless the pause proven up by permitting an picture of Justin Brock. Immediately, 1 new Nike had won. Beer travelled, wrestling matches went lower, along with real party began. One Hundred Dollars bills flying, along with women ... Incidentally, how are things affected in Vegas stays in Vegas!

Because of everybody who helped us in route, along with finger to everyone who attempted to stay lower. Help you in getting for KOTR 2011, because Nike come in your own home, sippin' Slizzer and flying as being a G6.

ROAD QUOTES

"Everybody appears to get enjoying their Apple gadgets. Can you really crank some Slayer in here?"--Grant Taylor

"Can you really carry Girl skateboards? Any longer!In . --Eric Koston

"Just had Joe Maloof connect a barber within the accommodation as we attain the Palms ... Does meaning I must skate Maloof this season?In .--Eric Koston

"I keep losing my hair pick."--Cory Kennedy

"You believe another teams are skating at the moment?In .--Jason Hernandez within the accommodation at 3:00am

THE SHERM RAP CHALLENGE

As We GOT JEREME ROGERS to create and perform rap song for that team, it's 100 points. Eric known as him up, but Jereme's also buddies with Sheckler he'd already done a rap for him, and for Converse. Really, he'd told C1RCA that he'd do one by themselves account, however that could it are actually--none for Nike. Transporting out a couple of telephone calls, though, Jereme agreed...under one condition: Koston required to place a direct talk to his CD within the Berries, and hubby needed to vow him a "Bangin'" part. Pretty heavy negotiations, but all was made a decision, area of the deal because C1RCA was excluded within the Rogers rapping. We Skyped Jereme within the van each day but got him to accomplish live.

SALT LAKE CITY

1 Encounter Lizard King, convince him to acquire your team riders' names inked on him

2 Obtain a trick lower the curved six-block

3 Duffel for each Day: Freshest team member will get a Corey Duffel makeover

ISHOD WAIR

How do you explain King of the direction to somebody that did not evaluate which it had been? KOTR could be a tour that's furthermore a hostile sport between four teams, along with goal must be to uncover, have some fun!

Whomever else think in situation you looked when using the book the very first time? Initially I acquired type of pissed, since they expected us to complete individuals things. However that just lasted for five-ten mins. I Then recognized it, however believed, "What did I order myself into?"

Possibly you've cause techniques that have been not within the book? Certainly. Which was the broadly used factor, not doing demanding book methods.

The quantity of points possibly you've get? Insufficient. Maybe 200. Familiar with perform 360 switch obtaining a youthful child within my back, helpful information frontside heelflip, I frontside feebled a 12-stair, i skated a rail naked.

The component that was fun? I'd fun virtually whole time, aside from after i may be losing it about some trick. But overall, skating the Tempe park once we where chilling and getting an enjoyable experience was awesome.

Possibly you've viewed all of the older King within the Road DVDs before extended? I have viewed these. They are so sick. I am hyped that folks was fortunate enough to feel it.

The component that could be a extended you attempted a trick, but did not complete getting hired? I do not think I'm able to anything for the extended. Basically did not think I am capable of making certain it's, I'd get pissed pretty rapidly. Maybe half an hour.

Who got precisely what for Nike? Cory Kennedy. He stored it afloat. He's very versatile, and hubby can skate anything. It's pretty crazy to discover personally.

Is it possible to get? One-hundred-percent. I'll be ready for the madness. It had been fun, and good occasions, i really like individuals things. Filtration choose round two?

COLORADO SPRINGS

1 Frontside grind within the hole inside the Memorial Park

2 Form a drum circle inside the Garden within the Gods and call your spirit animal

3 Ollie within the chain for that Broadmoor Ditch

MARISA DAL SANTO

It absolutely was the first time on King within the Road. Whomever else think? Crazy. Good occasions, bad occasions, but overall, it had been pretty bitching.

Once they known as your business and mentioned you are with Nike

I had been told I had been selecting C1 RCA initially, i am aware almost all individuals guys virtually. However are really hyped once they known as my status for that Nike team. It had been adventure time, i used to be without preference.

Possibly you've create with any over-40 dudes? Yeah, like 7 or 8 of individuals. These went undocumented, though. I merely achieved it for your love.

Worst part about KOTR? Getting hurt, obtaining a damaged wrist along with a cast on, was pretty lame. It had been getting serious.

Neat factor about KOTR? Prone to eat one evening at Fogo De Chao, Brazilian BBQ!

Who'd formerly been your easiest Nike skater? Justin Brock. He's always awesome to look at.

The quantity of points possibly you've earn for Nike? Thirty.

You almost had that frontside grind within the pool. Sketchy wrists got good me.

The component that was pressure level for anybody who's acquiring a go? Callous levels. That's something I have always aspired to accomplish, and i'm unsure when I'll create a pool similar to this again. But after slamming within my cast I am unable to help but bum out, when it'll attain the following factor it's difficult to help keep selecting it.

THINGS STOLEN Inside The NIKE VAN

--Some Koston-customized roller blades

--Three iPods

--Brand-new Honda generator, purchased eventually prior to the trip

--Jason Hernandez' tools. Furthermore to his clothes

--GpPro HD camcorder, with KOTR footage with regards to this

--Panasonic HVX camcorder and Xtreme fisheye lens

--One wallet, two charge cards

PHOENIX

1 Jaws' Challenge: Without pushing, have of people other team slingshot you inside the 540 or lower 12 or greater stairs

2 Perform frontside grind in four different backyard pools

3 Triple kickflip within the launcher inside the Northern Ditch

ERIC KOSTON

You have to be Duffel for each day. The amount fun was that? It had been an enjoyable experience! I have outfitted as GG Allin for Halloween therefore it wasn't a stretch personally. I'm wishing Corey appreciates your time and efforts I devote being him.

How hard can it be to skate in tight-ass pants? Fairly simple. These were women's jeans and additionally they'd lots of stretch incorporated. It had been much like skating in tights. While using the finish during the day they extended out somewhat, therefore it improved to cope with.

What were your thinking in situation you heard the van are actually stolen that Fun? I had been really pissed off. The initial thought was. We are screwed." Then, when the initial shock used off, it had been like! Let us rent another van, visit Cowtown and acquire everyone new Christmas set-ups this off!" Although it was yesterday the deadline, we still had an opportunity to win it. There's not want to avoid.

How about in situation you heard they'd uncover it? I had been psyched. I'd a gut feeling the van wasn't far. So roughly 1 hour once we labored while using the police report, the cop returns and states, "Personally I happened upon the van." What are you aware? The van's within the parking area of the hotel lower the road ... looted, clearly. Man, after dealing with that individuals felt immaterial could stop us.

Possibly you've think Nike was going are available in first? I felt like we'd a great venture, as extended after we stored focusing on that book 16 hrs every day like i used to be. But we're able to not underestimate another teams. Prone to authentic place once we thought C1RCA reaches the important thing factor factor factor factor factor factor factor.

The amount harder were the procedure this season when compared with 2004? Dude, this years book was insane! In 2004 there's no under basics, like switch 180s lower the steps or perhaps fakie Cruz grind to frontside half-Cab within the ledge.

This fuckin' book had fakie double-switch lower nine stairs only for 30 points, and back lip to kickflip crooks inside the ledge for 50 points! I am talking about, seriously. I have not observed anybody do this, ever! I'm able to that back 360 to nose manny for each few days. No luck. It reduced the problem feel great that no-one else achieved it either.

Which methods within the book possibly you've think nobody would handle? I'd advisable that no-you may kickflip late shove-it lower nine, ollie inside the rear within the 11-stair rail to five-, and certainly no lipslide to tre-switch to noseblunt slide inside the ledge. Cory really proven up at date as sliding the noseblunt part but tucked out. As we did not get kicked from that skatepark employing this fuckhead neighborhood ranger, he may ensure it's.

The component that was the very best trick you saw come lower? Most likely Cory's frontside transition that six-ft spine inside the Glendale park. It was not the very best trick, and wasn't done perfectly. It had been really kinda sketchy--he'd to powerslide it around and hubby barely folded away. But that is what type of trip was. If someone makes all the key, who provides the strategies which looked?

A make could be a make.

Essentially required to resolve now, I'd say I am within the motherfuckin' house. Personally anybody who'd formerly been with regards to this KOTR would totally accept me presently. At this time i am still inside the KOTR hangover. It's among the gnarliest grinds a skateboarder can within the accord put themselves through. But searching back, I am in a position to certainly say I'd an incredible time. [ed. note: duongthuan last edited this post 6 years, 6 months ago.]
      • 24,544 Posts
      Are you sure it's gone? When a snippet loses its category, it gets listed at the bottom below all the categories.

If it's really gone, you can go into the database in the modx_site_snippets table and change the category of that snippet to either the ID of an existing category, or 0 (in which case it will be uncategorized). Be sure the clear the cache after the change.

The dots at the beginning of your category names could possibly be causing the problem.

If a snippet has an invalid category, it won't show in the tree.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting