We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Hi guys,

I am in the process of upgrading some etomite websites to modx evolution.
    I have been working on these sites extensively yesterday. I have experienced passwords that just stop working at several occasions.
    First of all, after doing a clean install of the system I enter a password for the administrator.
    When I try to log into the system immediately after this the password does not work. I am 100% entirely sure that I used the same password and I am able to reproduce this issue. The used password contains a non-numerical and non-alphabetical sign, which I think causes the issue.
    After resetting the password and logging in, I van change the password to the one I want. It worked for a while, but today it stopped working again.
    Is this a known issue or is there something that is possibly configured badly on my site (which seems unlikely)?

edit: to be clear: this is happening on 4 websites (all on same server), all passwords worked fine yesterday and stopped working today.
      • 8 Posts
      I narrowed this problem down to the use of the ampersand sign (&) in the password.
      For some reason modx does not seem to be liking it.
      Bugreport?
        • 1,613 Posts
          Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley