We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Hello,
    I can not seem to find an answer to this simple question: is there a way to set the start_id in the wayfinder snippet so that it always shows all the siblings of the current page?
    The start_id should show the parent id of the current page with level set to 1.
    How do I get the parent id in the wayfinder snippet?
    [[Wayfinder? &startId=`parent` &rowTpl=`leftMenuRowTpl` &level=`1` &ignoreHidden=`0` ]]
    does not seem to work, it always shows the siblings from the root.

This question has been answered by lkfranklin. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 932 Posts
      Try:

[[Wayfinder? &startId=`[[*parent]]` &rowTpl=`leftMenuRowTpl` &level=`1` &ignoreHidden=`0` ]]

■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
        • 8 Posts
        excellent, thank you!
        Still trying to figure this out.
        After years of etomite i have finally given in to modx...
          • 8 Posts
          Hi,

Coming back to this question: my site structure has 3 levels, parent, children, grand-children
          The above solution works well for the grand-children, but it will show the siblings of the children if a child page is open. It should also show the grand-children in this case.
          Is there a way to have the menu always show the grand-children or can this only be done with different templates for child and grand-child pages?
          I have tried with ultimateparent ([!Wayfinder? &startID=`[[UltimateParent? &topLevel=`2`]]`!]), but this does not seem to work on the lowest level pages [ed. note: vampke last edited this post 6 years, 5 months ago.]