We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    Hi everyone!

I want to upgrade my server and PHP 7 is part of that package. I'm running MODx Revo 2.5.2 and will be upgrading to Debian Stretch. I know that my version of MODx is PHP 7-compatible, and I think my own code is too, but what about plugins? Have they been tested?

I especially want to know about the Login (login-1.9.2-pl) and Hybridauth (hybridauth-2.0.4-pl) plugins, as those are the only ones I'm using.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this!

This question has been answered by markh. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      As PHP 7 has been out for a while, I would expect any PHP 7 issues in common plugins like the ones you mention, to have been identified and fixed by now.

A quick look at the login issues shows nothing about PHP7.
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 16 Posts
        Thanks, Mark! Such was my hope.
          • 16 Posts
          Hey, posting again to let people know that I did the upgrade from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7, from Debian Wheezy to Stretch (running MODx Revo 2.5.2). I had some issues, but none with MODx except this:

[Mon Sep 18 22:51:11.362790 2017] [:error] [pid 13732] [client xx.xx.xx.xx:62693] FastCGI: server "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/php-fpm7.0" stderr: PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 2 passed to modX::getChunk() must be of the type array, string given, called in /corepath/cache/mydomain/includes/elements/modsnippet/26.include.cache.php on line 127 and defined in /corepath/model/modx/modx.class.php:1812, referer: http://mydomain.com/somedir/?page=index.html

It was easy to fix by making sure the second arg to getChunk() is always an array. Empty/NULL strings throw this error. This didn't happen before I upgraded, so I thought I'd let you know.

Thanks again!