We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 79 Posts
    Hi, I have a 2.5.7 installation and I get a 503 screen pages with the following message after succesfull login "Service Temporarily Unavailable -The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

I know that login is succesfull because if I put wrong credentials I get the expected message about it "The username or password you entered is incorrect. Please check the username, re-type the password, and try again.".

I deleted core/cache folder, checked all the config .php files. Nothing. Any ideas?
      • 571 Posts
      When you get this error are you logging in to the MODX Manager, or to the front end of the website.

Does the website display correctly to anonymous visitors.
        If I help you out on these forums I would be very grateful if you would consider rating me on Trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/andytough.com

email: [email protected] | website: https://andytough.com
        • 79 Posts
        Quote from: andytough at Aug 29, 2017, 11:32 AM
        When you get this error are you logging in to the MODX Manager, or to the front end of the website.

Does the website display correctly to anonymous visitors.

I am logging in the MODX Manager. Website is working perfect for visitors. I cannot login to the Manager.
          • 24,544 Posts
          Is this a new installation?

Did you run setup?

Double-check the connectors path in core/config/config.inc.php and the config.core.php file in the connectors and manager directories.

Are there any plugins that operate in the Manager that could be causing trouble?

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 79 Posts
            Quote from: BobRay at Aug 30, 2017, 07:10 PM
            Is this a new installation?

Did you run setup?

Double-check the connectors path in core/config/config.inc.php and the config.core.php file in the connectors and manager directories.

Are there any plugins that operate in the Manager that could be causing trouble?

1. I run setup multiple times, nothing.

2. core/config/cofig.inc.php and the config.core.php file in the connectors and manager directories are OK.

3. I don't know which plugin may causing the problem if this is the case.

I'm afraid that I would need to make the site from scratch again! Salvage anything I can from database and do a new installation.

Very, very frustrating!!!
              • 24,544 Posts
              One more thing to try:

1. If you can get into the DB in PhpMyAdmin, you can disable all plugins in the modx_site_plugins table (just set the 'disabled' field to 1).

2. Manually delete all files in the core/cache directory (if you've done this already, do it again after changing the DB).

3. Clear your browser cache *and cookies*

If you have made any recent changes to .htaccess, that might also be the cause.

My MODX Extras
                • 79 Posts
                Quote from: BobRay at Sep 12, 2017, 08:05 PM
                One more thing to try:

1. If you can get into the DB in PhpMyAdmin, you can disable all plugins in the modx_site_plugins table (just set the 'disabled' field to 1).

2. Manually delete all files in the core/cache directory (if you've done this already, do it again after changing the DB).

3. Clear your browser cache *and cookies*

If you have made any recent changes to .htaccess, that might also be the cause.

Thanks for the help Bob.

1. Done it, same result.

2. Dont it also, nothing.

3. Same

I will check .htaccess
                  • 1,572 Posts
                  Can you navigate to other manager pages, for example /manager/?a=workspaces after logging in ?
                    • 79 Posts
                    Quote from: paulp at Sep 13, 2017, 03:30 PM
                    Can you navigate to other manager pages, for example /manager/?a=workspaces after logging in ?

I cannot login at all. I get an error page "Service Temporarily Unavailable -The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      PaulP is responding to this line of your post: "I know that login is successful because if I put wrong credentials I get the expected message ..."

He's suggesting that you type something like this URL into the browser's address bar after logging in and being returned to the login page.

yoursite.com/manager/?a=workspaces
                        My MODX Extras