We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    Hi,

is it possible to import a csv file from joomla to modx?
    I have a csv file (news archive) that I need to import to a modx site, I created all the tv's needed but I still get an error during the import process. The error says "Element count do not match. Please check for correct syntax on line ...."

Here is a sample of the csv file:

tv59id;tv60asset_id;tv61title;tv62alias;tv63introtext;tv64fulltext;tv65state;tv67catid;tv68created;tv69created_by;tv70created_by_alias;tv71modified;tv72modified_by;tv73checked_out;tv74checked_out_time;tv75publish_up;tv76publish_down;tv77images;tv78urls;tv79attribs;tv80version;tv81ordering;tv82metakey;tv83metadesc;tv84access;tv85hits;tv86metadata;tv87featured;tv88language;tv89xreference
    "1","41","Vermont Birth to Three Small Grants Are Now Available for Child Care Providers","vermont-birth-to-three-small-grants-are-now-available-for-child-care-providers","<p>February 21, 2013</p>
    <p>The Vermont Community Loan Fund is now accepting applications for Vermont Birth to Three Small Grants Program! Grant requests may not exceed $575.00. Applications must be received at VCLF by no later than April 1, 2013 >to be considered. Applicants must be home-based childcare providers who serve infants and toddlers, and who are enrolled in the STARS program and/or being mentored by a member of the Vermont Birth to Three Project team. Click here for application and guidelines: <a href=""http://www.vermontbirthtothree.org/small-grants/"" target=""_blank""> </a><a href=""http://www.vermontbirthtothree.org/small-grants/"" target=""_blank"">http://www.vermontbirthtothree.org/small-grants</a></p>
    ","
    <p>Mentors are available to answer questions and consult with applicants or future applicants who are interested in a mentoring relationship.</p>
    <p>Below is the list of VB3 mentors, and the counties they represent:</p>
    <p>Sara Driscoll (Chittenden) <a href=""mailto:[email protected]"">[email protected]</a>
    Rachel Hunter (Windsor & Windham) <a href=""mailto:[email protected]"">[email protected]</a>
    Brenda Schramm (Bennington & Rutland) <a href=""mailto:[email protected]"">[email protected]</a>
    Erin Carr (Lamoille) <a href=""[email protected]"">[email protected]</a>
    Gerri Barrows (Addison) <a href=""mailto:[email protected]"">[email protected]</a>
    Ellen Drolette (Chittenden) <a href=""mailto:[email protected]"">[email protected]</a>
    Laura Butler (Franklin) <a href=""mailto:[email protected]"">[email protected]</a>
    Cheryl Wells (Grand Isle) <a href=""mailto:[email protected]"">[email protected]</a>
    Lorraine Patterson (Lamoille)<a href=""mailto:[email protected]"">[email protected]</a></p>
    <p>For applications and further information, contact Maria at VCLF at 802-224-9141 or <a href=""mailto:[email protected]"">[email protected]</a></p>","1","2","2013-08-01 18:24:34","757","","2013-08-16 18:43:44","757","758","2017-05-08 14:03:35","2013-08-16 18:43:44","0000-00-00 00:00:00","{""image_intro"":"""",""float_intro"":"""",""image_intro_alt"":"""",""image_intro_caption"":"""",""image_fulltext"":"""",""float_fulltext"":"""",""image_fulltext_alt"":"""",""image_fulltext_caption"":""""}","{""urla"":false,""urlatext"":"""",""targeta"":"""",""urlb"":false,""urlbtext"":"""",""targetb"":"""",""urlc"":false,""urlctext"":"""",""targetc"":""""}","{""show_title"":"""",""link_titles"":"""",""show_tags"":"""",""show_intro"":"""",""info_block_position"":"""",""show_category"":"""",""link_category"":"""",""show_parent_category"":"""",""link_parent_category"":"""",""show_author"":"""",""link_author"":"""",""show_create_date"":"""",""show_modify_date"":"""",""show_publish_date"":"""",""show_item_navigation"":"""",""show_icons"":"""",""show_print_icon"":"""",""show_email_icon"":"""",""show_vote"":"""",""show_hits"":"""",""show_noauth"":"""",""urls_position"":"""",""alternative_readmore"":"""",""article_layout"":"""",""show_publishing_options"":"""",""show_article_options"":"""",""show_urls_images_backend"":"""",""show_urls_images_frontend"":""""}","2","9","","","1","324","{""robots"":"""",""author"":"""",""rights"":"""",""xreference"":""""}","0","*",""
      • 24,544 Posts
      If you're using ImportX, the TVs in the header row should only contain "tv" followed by the TV's ID (no text):

tv59;tv60;tv61;tv62;tv63; etc.

Then, you have to have the same number of fields in each record as there are in the header row (separated by semicolons). You also have to have no newlines in any of the data fields.

If you're not using ImportX, what are you using for the import?
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting