We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 932 Posts
    Usually I'd suggest registering different domain extensions or even subdomains and then map the contexts respectively. If that's a possibility for you?
      ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
      • 388 Posts
      I can but that is not the idea, the page has a very good google ranking and I think change the url's might be a bad idea, that is why the subdomains might not be a great solution.
      I just want the manager looks organised and is easy for my client modify the content because it will be in sections like the context are.

The problem now is the switch in context is based on the language en, es, fr etc...
      all the page is in english "en" so, not idea how it might work in that case.

any other idea?

cheers
        --
        ysanmiguel.com
        • 1,572 Posts
        When you say 3 different sections what do you actually mean ? is this a 1 page website that you want to separate into resources within the manager, or is it /section1 etc
          • 932 Posts
          Fair enough I can appreciate that. Does that mean you already have translations setup somehow then and have been indexed and ranked? What's your current setup?
            ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
            • 388 Posts
            Quote from: paulp at Jul 24, 2017, 06:37 PM
            When you say 3 different sections what do you actually mean ? is this a 1 page website that you want to separate into resources within the manager, or is it /section1 etc

If you see a page with only one context (default: web) there is only one tree (left side in the manager)with all pages and subpages.
            If you create a new context (for example: es) you will have the left tree divided in 2, context web and context Spanish.

The page that I'm working with is 3 pages in one, every section with a home page. right now is divided in folders, but I would like make the division lot more clear, like the context does.

but my problem is if I use context to divide the page in 3 context, all of them are in english. So how can I implement something like that in the right way?

hope I'm clear enough!

thank you!
              --
              ysanmiguel.com
              • 388 Posts
              Quote from: lkfranklin at Jul 24, 2017, 06:57 PM
              Fair enough I can appreciate that. Does that mean you already have translations setup somehow then and have been indexed and ranked? What's your current setup?

I'm re building the web site, so I'm copying the same urls, to avoid any broken page.
              I have a set up for multilanguage, yes, but as I said before it is for multilanguage context, but in my case I just want a multipage in the same language, so I don't know if I can really use that setup because all my context will be en:

For the switch between context I'm using XRouting + Gateway Plugin

Gateway:

<?php
              if($modx->context->get('key') != "mgr"){
              	/* grab the current langauge from the cultureKey request var */
              	switch ($_REQUEST['cultureKey']) {
              		case 'es':
              			/* switch the context */
              			$modx->switchContext('es');
              			break;
              		default:
              			/* Set the default context here */
              			$modx->switchContext('web');