We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 166 Posts
    Hi there!

I installed the blox1.2.3-extra via the package management (MODX 2.5.7).

blox is giving me some output with this call:

[[!bloX?
    	&packagename=`inserate` 
    	&classname=`Inserate` 
    	&sortConfig=`[{"sortby":"RAND()"}]` 
    	&where=`{"published":"1"}
    	&tpls=`row:InserateBilder`
    ]]

But the "tpls"-part seems to be ignored, I got the same output with or without the tpls. The chunk "InserateBilder" exists.

Secondly I can't find any chunks or anything else in the backend/manager. I also refreshed, logged out and flushed sessions. Somewhere in the forum i read about missing elements in the resource-tree (i can't find the thread atm), but the suggestion there was to use Bob Rays "SiteCheck", which i did use...it found a few errors which I could get rid of by hand. But still no chunks etc. showing up.

I also deinstalled and reinstalled blox, without success.

Last thing I tried was to edit the chunk files in the core/components/blox-folder, but this didn't change anything.

At the moment I'm getting the pagination and the following:

(32)
    (28)
    (34)

So I can't edit the output at all...

Any hint available on what i'm doing wrong?

(modified for some more explanation) [ed. note: profilneurotiker last edited this post 6 years, 9 months ago.]
      • 5,888 Posts
      if you don't need anything special, what only bloX could do, I would suggest, using migxLoopCollection from MIGX - package.

use it like that:

[[!migxLoopCollection?
          &packageName=`inserate` 
          &classname=`Inserate` 
          &sortConfig=`[{"sortby":"RAND()"}]` 
          &where=`{"published":"1"}
          &tpl=`InserateBilder`
      ]]

-------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
        • 166 Posts
        Thanks Bruno - once again - for your excellent and fast help!

This is woorking with the code you provided...i thought i tried this earlier as well, but i might be wrong.

But...I guess you can tell if there should be a blox-folder in chunks in the backend, shoudn't it? Otherwise, how am I able to edit the blox-output?y