We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 93 Posts
    OK I look after an old site for a client and he hasn't changed it in years and it's running an old version of Rev 2.2.5

I can log in fine but the manager is blank and I can't seem to log out, in order to upgrade the CMS.

I've checked Developer Tools in Chrome and the JS is coming up with 400 errors

Any ideas - I've looked around forum but can't see anything

MODX Revolution 2.2.5-pl
    PHP - 5.6.21 CGI Stable
    MySQL: 5.1.66
    Apache: 2.2.22
    Operating System: Debian Squeeze
    Media Temple Gridserver shared hosting

This question has been answered by BobRay. See the first response.

• 2.2.5, huh? I don't envy you wink You don't have to logout before starting an upgrade, the sessions table should get wiped clean automatically.

400 errors could be because of cookies. Try clearing the ones in your browser to see if that helps. Otherwise, just start updating and hope the update fixes it? :p

Make sure to check the plugins and users after you're updated to make sure you haven't been hacked by the < 2.5.2 vulnerabilities.
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
      • discuss.answer
        • 24,544 Posts
        I'd recommend upgrading to 2.3.0, 2.4.0, and 2.5.0 before upgrading to the current version
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 93 Posts
          Many thanks, I will get upgrading later.
            • 93 Posts
            All worked fine - thank you again for help.

For anyone else, I downloaded 2.3.0 merged / sync'ed using SmartFTP. Installed fine. Logged in using Chrome (for some reason Edge screwed up the Manager CSS) and then downloaded the Extra - UpgradeModx. Back to the Dashboard and then went straight for the latest version. Boom, it worked and now I can complete the content update.

Regards, D
              • 93 Posts
              Arrrghhh, spoke too soon.

Clicked in to the resource tree and each page is giving the below error;

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on array in /davidjury.com/html/manager/controllers/default/resource/resource.class.php on line 152

But a quick check on the Forums says upgrade TinyMCE and all good.

Thanks !
                • 24,544 Posts
                Just a note, upgrading by transferring the files individually with FTP often results in missing or corrupted files. Maybe you got lucky, or maybe quirks will show up later.

You'll definitely want to check out the UpgradeMODX extra which should make life a lot easier. wink
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting