We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 41 Posts
    Sorry for the somewhat repeat. Never got clarification

I tried adding the &tplCategoryFolder

Here is what it looks like via the source output
    <div class="col-md-6 col-sm-2 text-center">
    							<!-- main nav start -->
    							<nav class="mainmenu_wrapper">
    								<ul class="mainmenu nav sf-menu">
    									<li class="first active"><a href="index.php?id=1" >Home</a></li><li >
    						<a href="index.php?id=3">Our Team</a>
    						<ul><li class="first"><a href="index.php?id=12" >John W. Davis, Ph.D.</a></li><li><a href="index.php?id=13" >Jessica W. Shenesey, Ph.D.</a></li><li class="last"><a href="index.php?id=14" >Kathleen T. Payne, Ph.D.</a></li></ul>

</li><li >
    						<a href="index.php?id=2">Our Services</a>
    						<ul><li class="first"><a href="index.php?id=4" >Psychotherapy</a></li><li><a href="index.php?id=7" >Evaluations & Testing</a></li><li><a href="index.php?id=5" >Relationships</a></li><li><a href="index.php?id=11" >Behavioral Counseling</a></li><li><a href="index.php?id=10" >Wellness Strategies</a></li><li><a href="index.php?id=8" >Adult Services</a></li><li><a href="index.php?id=9" >Youth Services</a></li><li class="last"><a href="index.php?id=6" >Employee Assistance Program</a></li></ul>

</li><li >
    						<a href="index.php?id=18">Forms & Fees</a> This is the only one that needs to be a category
    						<ul><li class="first"><a href="index.php?id=15" >Insurance & Fees | Bay Area Psychology & Counseling</a></li><li class="last"><a href="index.php?id=16" >Patient Forms</a></li></ul>

</li><li class="last"><a href="index.php?id=17" >Contact</a></li>

</ul>
    							</nav>

I tried but I know I did it wrong.
     [[pdoMenu?
                        &startId=`0`
                        &level=`2`
                        &tplParentRow=`@INLINE
                        <li [[+classes]]>
                        <a href="[[+link]]">[[+menutitle]]</a>
                        <ul>[[+wrapper]]</ul>
                        </li>`
                        &tplOuter=`@INLINE [[+wrapper]]`
                        &tplCategoryFolder = `@INLINE [[~18]]`
                            ]]

This question has been answered by lkfranklin. See the first response.

• 247 Posts
      Repeat of what? Sorry, you're going to need to include more detail or a link back to your original post so we have a clearer understanding of what you're trying to do.
        • 41 Posts
        Basically what I am trying to do is make <a href="index.php?id=18">Forms & Fees</a> a category folder in the nav only. I do not want it to be a page, if I am making any sense. sad There are other drop downs with an actual page like services. However, I was curious if I can just make FORM & Fees a category only.
          • 247 Posts
          Afraid that probably doesn't make as much sense to me as it does to you. Are you saying ID18 is a parent and you don't want it's children displayed or are you saying you want a menu item for a non-existent document id? Remember you can always use weblinks and symlinks to create navigational elements that point elsewhere on your site, so you could hide an entire section from your nav and use a weblink to point to one page within that section and have that nav item appear wherever you like based on it's position in the tree.
            • 41 Posts
            I do want the children to show under the main category. The main nav has home our team our services forms & fees and contact. Our team, our service, and forms & Fees are all parents with children. Our team and our service have a page to go to but forms and fees does not. I kinda just want it as a placeholder for it's children.
              • 24,544 Posts
              I think what you want is possible (I think I've done it, but I can't remember how). IIRC, it's fairly complex and requires JavaScript to make it work on mobile devices (otherwise, the children won't show up). It may be a whole lot easier to make a regular page for forms and fees and just put a pdoMenu call on it that shows the children and possibly a note at the top suggesting that they click on one of the options below.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 247 Posts
                So I may still not be understanding, but if you're looking for a primary nav item that doesn't link anywhere the simplest way in my opinion would be to use a chunk for your row template and a conditional tag for to detect the ID of teh specific resource you're referring to and output no href for that particular resource.

You could also make that parent item a weblink pointing to the first of it's children.
                • discuss.answer
                  • 932 Posts
                  What you need is this:

<nav>
                      [[pdoMenu?
                        &parents=`0`
                        &level=`2`
                        &tplParentRow=`@INLINE 
                        <li>
                          <a href="[[+link]]">[[+menutitle]]</a>
                          [[+wrapper]]
                        </li>`
                        &tplCategoryFolder=`@INLINE <li>[[+menutitle]] [[+wrapper]]</li>`
                      ]]
                  </nav>

Make sure that the template is set to 'blank' on the parent that you don't want the link to be posted out for. It probably doesn't really shed any light on this specific case use but check out my quick tutorial here:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OaHzmrAmU4
                  [ed. note: lkfranklin last edited this post 6 years, 9 months ago.]
                    ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.