We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    Hello,

I'm trying to make a copy of an existing website to my PC to work on it.

I'm very new on MODX and I don't really know if there's any specific procedure to do that properly.

So here's how I proceeded:

- I installed a web server on my computer (WAMP)
    - downloaded all the files from the server to my computer
    - and import the DB

But when I'm trying to access to the website, I get this error:

Error 503
    Site temporarily unavailable

Then, I went through the setup tool by selecting "Upgrade an existing install". But I've got few errors that I don't undertand on the next step:

Checking PHP version: OK! Running: 5.6.25
    Checking PHP for zlib dependency: OK!
    Checking for SimpleXML: OK!
    Checking if memory limit is set to at least 24M: OK! Set to 128M
    Checking if sessions are properly configured: OK!
    Checking if C:/wamp64/www/matferbourgeat/core/cache directory exists: OK!
    Checking if C:/wamp64/www/matferbourgeat/core/cache directory is writable: OK!
    Checking if C:/wamp64/www/matferbourgeat/core/export directory exists: OK!
    Checking if C:/wamp64/www/matferbourgeat/core/export directory is writable: OK!
    Checking if C:/wamp64/www/matferbourgeat/core/packages directory exists: OK!
    Checking if C:/wamp64/www/matferbourgeat/core/packages directory is writable: OK!
    Checking if C:/wamp64/www/matferbourgeat/core/config/config.inc.php exists and is writable: OK!
    Creating connection to the database: OK!
    Checking to make sure safe_mode is off: OK!
    Checking for suhosin issues:OK!
    Checking if memory limit is set to at least 24M for zip extensions: OK! Set to 128M
    Checking if /homepages/37/d458558639/htdocs/ directory is writable: Failed!
    Checking if /homepages/37/d458558639/htdocs/manager/ directory is writable: Failed!
    Checking if /homepages/37/d458558639/htdocs/connectors/ directory is writable: Failed!

Everything looks to be fine except the access to the homepages directory. What is that? I can't find out where this directory is located.

This question has been answered by jaycee. See the first response.

• 932 Posts
      Hi Jaycee,

Welcome to the MODX forums!

In your core/config do the paths for the site, manager and connectors folders reflect what you actually have on your local machine?
        ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
        • 4 Posts
        Hi LK,

Thanks for your reply and your welcome.

About your question: not at all. But it doesn't reflect what there is in the FTP Server neither.

Following what I found on google: The "htdocs" directory seems to indicate a vhost location...

• 5,888 Posts
          test
            -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
            • 4 Posts
            Up!
              • 24,544 Posts
              I'm going to guess that the web root for your WAMP server is /homepages/37/d458558639/htdocs/, and that that directory contains the MODX index.php file, and the core, manager, setup, and connectors directories.

The error messages are telling you that /homepages/37/d458558639/htdocs/ and the directories below it are not writable because of either their permissions and/or ownership.

Welcome to MODX. smiley
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • discuss.answer
                • 4 Posts
                Quote from: BobRay at Jul 18, 2017, 03:02 AM
                I'm going to guess that the web root for your WAMP server is /homepages/37/d458558639/htdocs/, and that that directory contains the MODX index.php file, and the core, manager, setup, and connectors directories.

The error messages are telling you that /homepages/37/d458558639/htdocs/ and the directories below it are not writable because of either their permissions and/or ownership.

Welcome to MODX. smiley

Thanks for your answser. I've solved my issue by installing MODX on a Linux server wich is easier to configure especially about the directory rights.
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  I'm glad you got it sorted. smiley
                    Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting