We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 12 Posts
    I'm working on a form on my site that I would like to view all the data directly within ModX via the FormIt CMP. After hardening my core file by transferring it out of the accessible directory, moving it a directory above and linking everything.

My instances deets:

• MODX Revolution 2.5.6-pl
    • PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.21
    • MySQL - 5.5.52-0ubuntu0.14.04.1
    • NGINX on an Ubuntu AWS instance

Current Plugins:

I have a couple of add-ons installed including FormItLog which shows up properly. This is what I see when I try to access the FormIt CMP:

I've tried:

• Reinstalling FormIt
    • Intentionally breaking files within FormIt to see an error
    • Creating a symbolic link to the components / assets folder back within the accessible directory
    • Validated all links are set after hardening (like 10 times)
    • Cleared browser and site cache (again like 10 times)
    • Chrome, Firefox and IE
    • Multiple computers
    • Error logs within ModX either, the logs are blank
    • Migration log within FormIt shows errors from 4 months ago (original install)
    • Cleared data from modx_formit_forms through mysql

This was working 100% fine prior to the core hardening. I just find it odd that reinstalling hasn't done the trick even though I've installed new packages and they work fine now.

I'm assuming it's something in the database that has gone awry.

Suggestions? Ideas? I'm at my wits end sad

[ed. note: xianith last edited this post 6 years, 9 months ago.]
      • 932 Posts
      Do any other menus in the manager work and is there anything in the error log? From my experience it is usually because the paths aren't quite correct but do try it in another browser also. Did you manually delete the core cache folder too?
        ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
        • 12 Posts
        Quote from: lkfranklin at Jun 30, 2017, 09:44 PM
        Do any other menus in the manager work and is there anything in the error log? From my experience it is usually because the paths aren't quite correct but do try it in another browser also. Did you manually delete the core cache folder too?

Thanks for the reply lkfranklin, I forgot to mention a couple in my original post lol. (I'll update it too just in case) I manually deleted the cache folder via CLI (rm -rvf cache/*)

I've tried Chrome, Firefox and IE. I've tried on multiple computers.

No Error logs within ModX either, the logs are blank. Only log I see is a migration log with a couple of errors but the time stamps are from when I originally downloaded the zip, about 4 months ago.

As a side note this was working 100% fine prior to the hardening. I just find it odd that reinstalling hasn't done the trick even though I've installed new packages and they work fine now.

I'm assuming it's something in the database that has gone awry. [ed. note: xianith last edited this post 6 years, 9 months ago.]
          • 12 Posts
          Here's the top of the log when I attempt a re-install:

Console running...
          Attempting to install package with signature: formit-3.0.2-pl
          Package found...now preparing to install.
          Grabbing package workspace...
          Workspace environment initiated, now installing package...
          Skipping vehicle object of class modSystemSetting (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [key] => formit.recaptcha_public_key ) 
          Skipping vehicle object of class modSystemSetting (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [key] => formit.recaptcha_private_key ) 
          Skipping vehicle object of class modSystemSetting (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [key] => formit.recaptcha_use_ssl ) 
          Skipping vehicle object of class modSystemSetting (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [key] => formit.exclude_contexts ) 
          Skipping vehicle object of class modSystemSetting (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [key] => formit.form_encryptkey ) 
          Skipping vehicle object of class modPluginEvent (data object exists and cannot be upgraded); criteria: Array ( [pluginid] => 3 [event] => OnManagerPageBeforeRender ) 

Assuming this is normal.
            • 12 Posts
            Bump. Still banging my head on this one :/

I've gone so far as to run setup again. I'm about to drop the database but am fearful that this will mess things up on the backed.
              • 571 Posts
              Are the details of forms submitted being stored in the database? If viewed via phpMyAdmin or the command line?

Are the permissions on /core/packages/formit-3.0.2-pl and /core/components/formit and their contents correct?
                If I help you out on these forums I would be very grateful if you would consider rating me on Trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/andytough.com

email: [email protected] | website: https://andytough.com
                • 12 Posts
                Quote from: andytough at Jul 27, 2017, 08:25 PM
                Are the details of forms submitted being stored in the database? If viewed via phpMyAdmin or the command line?

Are the permissions on /core/packages/formit-3.0.2-pl and /core/components/formit and their contents correct?

Yes and yes.

So my file structure to make sense of this is

/server/hosting/web/domain/core
                /server/hosting/web/domain/public/<ModX Root>

The core and public folders have the same permission and same user access.

All three config.core files point to: /server/hosting/web/domain/core/ for the core file.
                  • 571 Posts
                  Have you amended your /core/config/config.inc.php file to reflect your new core path for the MODX_CORE_PATH and MODX_PROCESSORS_PATH

Line 26
                  if (!defined('MODX_CORE_PATH')) {
                      $modx_core_path= '/server/hosting/web/domain/core/';
                      define('MODX_CORE_PATH', $modx_core_path);
                  }

Line 29
                  if (!defined('MODX_PROCESSORS_PATH')) {
                      $modx_processors_path= '/server/hosting/web/domain/core/model/modx/processors/';
                      define('MODX_PROCESSORS_PATH', $modx_processors_path);
                  }

If I help you out on these forums I would be very grateful if you would consider rating me on Trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/andytough.com

• 12 Posts
                    Quote from: andytough at Jul 27, 2017, 10:58 PM
                    Have you amended your /core/config/config.inc.php file to reflect your new core path for the MODX_CORE_PATH and MODX_PROCESSORS_PATH

Line 26
                    if (!defined('MODX_CORE_PATH')) {
                        $modx_core_path= '/server/hosting/web/domain/core/';
                        define('MODX_CORE_PATH', $modx_core_path);
                    }

Line 29
                    if (!defined('MODX_PROCESSORS_PATH')) {
                        $modx_processors_path= '/server/hosting/web/domain/core/model/modx/processors/';
                        define('MODX_PROCESSORS_PATH', $modx_processors_path);
                    }

Both are set to /server/hosting/web/domain/core/ which is what I swapped it to after hardening the core folder.
                      • 571 Posts
                      Both are set to /server/hosting/web/domain/core/ which is what I swapped it to after hardening the core folder.

I am sure I understand your meaning here, and that you have simply written an abbreviated answer, but I want to double check...

Your MODX_PROCESSORS_PATH does end with model/modx/processors/ doesn't it?