We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 58 Posts
    Hi!

After upgrading a 4 year old MODX website from version 2.2.x to the latest version I get this error message:

Class 'Masterminds\HTML5' not found in […]/core/cache/includes/elements/modplugin/5.include.cache.php on line 26

How can I fix it or is it better to make an upgrade to v2.3 or 2.4 at first?

BTW: it’s a front end issue. The manager works well.

Thanks!

This question has been answered by multiple community members. See the first response.

• 1,572 Posts
      you should always do 2.3, 2.4. 2.5 and then to the latest release to ensure you have all the correct tables in the database
      • discuss.answer
        That looks like it's coming from an extra. The id in the cache path refers to the id of the plugin. Perhaps that plugin needs an update as well.
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • discuss.answer
          • 24,544 Posts
          If you look at /core/cache/includes/elements/modplugin/5.include.cache.php on the files tab, checking around line 26 or for an include or require line above it may tell you where it's looking for that class file.

Though, on second thought, it may be a registered extension package. I think the process or the database format for that changed in one of the major upgrades you skipped, so the proper conversion may not have been done.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 58 Posts
            Thanks for your replies! I updated to modx 2.3.2 - and had the same issue. In the 5.include.cache.php is in fact a referral to a plugin I installed. Updates weren't supplied anymore but a new version of the plugin. I installed it and everything works fine now smiley