We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 572 Posts
    Hi,

I've had this issue before and can't remember how i solved it.
    I create a media source called 'Media' This is assigned to my UserGroup.
    Within Manage Users i assign a Setting:
    Name: default_media_source
    Key: default_media_source
    Value: Media

When i go to the media browser as the aforementioned logged in user i see the number '1' where i should see Media on the dropdown.

Anyone know why the number '1' is displaying and how to remedy it.

Thanks

Janice [ed. note: 9thwave last edited this post 6 years, 10 months ago.]
      www.9thwave.co.uk
         WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
      • 26 Posts
      In system settings try changing the default Media Source to the one you created.
        • 26 Posts
        Or change the key default_media_source for the user group to the value you want.
          • 572 Posts
          Hi
          Thanks for your response.
          The only trouble with changing it in System Settings is that it changes it for every user.
          I'm sure there is another way to do this per usergroup/user.
            www.9thwave.co.uk
               WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
            • 24,544 Posts
            Try updating the Media Source and changing the name to Default Media Source.

Also, look in the database and see if the the modx_media_sources table has a 'name' field. If you skipped over an upgrade, the field may not have been created. If it's missing, see this: https://bobsguides.com/blog.html/2016/06/27/missing-db-fields-(unknown-column)/

One last thought: If the page has a lot of TVs, it may take a while before the JS that replaces the ID with the name executes. I've seen the name show up after several seconds. And if the page has any JS errors, it may not get to that code at all (Try Ctrl-shift-i in Chrome or Firefox, and then reload the page to see if there are any JS errors). [ed. note: BobRay last edited this post 6 years, 10 months ago.]
              Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
              • 572 Posts
              Thanks for all the suggestions BOB, i've covered all of that and still it defaults to the number '1' in the dropdown.
              The only TV's being used is for a MIGX slider.
              The only time the drop down does default to the Media directory is when there's an image TV that's assigned to my media source. The image selection within the RTE still defaults to '1'.
              It's not a bit issue but a bit of a niggle.
                www.9thwave.co.uk
                   WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
                • 24,544 Posts
                Since you've eliminated that other possibilities, have you tried looking at the page with your browser in incognito or private mode? It's unlikely, but it could be a browser cache or cookie issue.

Also, I'm sure you've done this, but in case not, make sure all the Media Sources have something in the 'Name' field.
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                  • 26 Posts
                  Did you try my second suggestion of
                  "change the key default_media_source for the user group to the value you want."