We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    Hi guys,

I've been having an issue with this new install of Modx, whenever I try to create a new resource or template, I get a HTTP Error 500 and it refuses to load. I've amended the .htaccess and manually clearing the cache but it's had no effect. There aren't any plugins installed besides TinyMCE.

Cheers.

This question has been answered by vjazziee. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 16 Posts
      UPDATE: It looks like it's the TinyMCE plugin that's breaking the backend, I'm not too sure why this could be the issue but I guess I'll work around it for the time being.
      • There's been an issue where the TinyMCE plugin broke things, but if you're on a new (latest) version of MODX, and TinyMCE is the latest version as well, then you shouldn't have an issue with that anymore. So make sure both of them are the last version.
          Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.