We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 53 Posts
    MODX Revolution 2.5.7-pl
    Quip 2.3.3-pl

I need the ability to add comments to multiple items on a page that are returned by getResources. (And when I say multiple, sometimes 60+. Don't worry, that part works fine.) But whenever I add Quip and/or QuipReply, it's creating empty threads for each of those items.

I looked through the forums and didn't see this problem mentioned, but I have seen instructions for only including one copy of the form and moving it via jquery (which is my plan) so this makes me think that maybe I'm doing something wrong. Either that, or people don't find a few extra threads a problem, but I'm going to end up with hundreds (thousands, eventually), so the back-end is going to be unmanageable. I've tried it using the absolute minimum parameters, but it still creates the threads.

I know this is an old extra, I'm not above editing source code. I'm also not above using another one. I only need the most simple commenting functionality. And honestly, the time I've spent trying to troubleshoot this, I could have written my own.

Thoughts? Advice? Sympathy?
      If there's a better way to do it, I'll find it.