We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 25 Posts

Hi all,

I've been trying to make the UltimateParent in a clients sidebar nav link to the parent as a resource instead of just being a sidebar title.
    Unfortuantely I did not set this up and find this rather confusing.

Here is the code the sidenav is using:

<ul>
    <li>
    <p class="sidebar-active">[[!getResourceField? &id=`[[!ultimateparent]]` &field=`pagetitle`]]</p>
    </li>
    </ul>

[[!Wayfinder? &startId=`[[!ultimateparent?&level=`1`]]` &rowTpl=`leftMenuRow` &hideSubMenus=`1`]]

It is the opening <p> in the <li> that needs to be a link to that parent resource.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

This question has been answered by msjetboy. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 25 Posts
      OK, I finally figured it out.. I'll post the simple solution I missed in case somebody else needs to set up a sidebar like this. I had to change the field=pagetitle to field=alias in the href

<ul>
      <li>
      <p class="sidebar-active"><a href="[[!getResourceField? &id=`[[!ultimateparent]]`  &field=`alias` ]]">[[!getResourceField? &id=`[[!ultimateparent]]` &field=`pagetitle`]]</a></p>
      </li>
      </ul>

[[!Wayfinder? &startId=`[[!ultimateparent?&level=`1`]]` &rowTpl=`leftMenuRow` &hideSubMenus=`1`]]