We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 708 Posts
    @BobRay, it would be great if there were a way to “opt-out” of the elFinder resources that get created when updating NP. They aren't always needed, plus everytime I update NP their placement near the top of the Resource Tree inevitably reshuffles menu items so I have to manually move (and hide and unpublish) them.

@donshakespeare implemented an “opt-out” feature in the update modal for TinymceWrapper which was causing a similar frustration with the unwanted creation of TW demo resources. It's simple and it works.

Could something similar be done with NP?

Todd
      • 24,544 Posts
      Interesting idea, though much more complicated than eliminating demo pages, since without a lot of changes, NP would crash hard without them there.

Don't they end up as children of the NewsPublisher page? That's where they're supposed to go if you haven't renamed the NewsPublisher page (or its alias).

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 708 Posts
        In my case no, they aren't children of any resource, they are always created at root level.

I've also renamed things.
          Todd
          • 24,544 Posts
          I'm not sure, but I think if you move them under the NP resource and don't rename them, they'll stay there. Actually, I think you could put them anywhere (like in a made-up folder with a high menu index), they would stay there and not cause trouble.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
            • 1,145 Posts
            they would stay there and not cause trouble
            lol
            new puppies from pet smart
              TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
              Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
              5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.