We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 14 Posts
    I am using MODX Revolution 2.5.6-pl. I have a multilingual site with several languages using Babel which is working as expected. However, for the navigation I have a startid, which relates to a container in my default (English) site.
    The other languages will use the same template and therefore the same WF call. How can I modify the WF call so that I can provide unique startids for every language context? - Or do I need to create a unique WF call for every language?

This is my WF call:

[[Wayfinder?
            &startId=`80`
            &outerClass=`navigation__nav__list`
            &innerClass=`navigation__nav__submenu`
            &rowTpl=`navigationRows`
            &rowIdPrefix=`nav__item`
            &level=`3`
            ]]

This question has been answered by ginalolli. See the first response.

• 14 Posts
      Is anyone able to help? Could I do it with $startIdContext perhaps? Unfortunately, there is no documentation on this, but I received a hint about it on StackOverflow...
        • 932 Posts
        I'm pretty sure you need to call in the different wayfinder calls for the contexts ie:

[[Wayfinder? &contexts=`english` &startIdContext=`1` &...]]
        [[Wayfinder? &contexts=`danish` &startIdContext=`2` &...]]
        [[Wayfinder? &contexts=`chinese` &startIdContext=`3` &...]]
          ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
          • 14 Posts
          Thanks alot for the reply. I tried it but it doesn't output anything...

[[Wayfinder?
                  &contexts=`web`
                  &startIdContext=`80`
                  &rowTpl=`navigationRows`
                  &rowIdPrefix=`nav__item`
                  &level=`3`
                ]]

[[Wayfinder?
                &contexts=`nl`
                &startIdContext=`109`
                &rowTpl=`navigationRows`
                &rowIdPrefix=`nav__item`
                  &level=`3`
                ]]
            • 14 Posts
            I am using Babel for the different translation contexts. Can I use something like
             `[[BabelTranslation? &resourceId=`109` &contextKey=`nl`]]`
            ? - Obviously have tried it but no output. Not much inofrmation on the net ...
              • 932 Posts
              Call it uncached
              [[!WayFinder? ...]] 

Aside from that not I'm not sure off hand, I've never used the Babel extra but I do suggest using pdoMenu anyway rather than WayFinder, as I don't think WayFinder is supported anymore.
                ■ email: [email protected] | ■ website: https://alienbuild.uk

The greatest compliment you can give back to us, is to spend a few seconds leaving a rating at our trustpilot: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/alienbuild.uk about the service we provided. We always drop mention of services offered by businesses we've worked with in the past to those of interest.
              • discuss.answer
                • 14 Posts
                I solved this issue. I created a new setting in each of my contexts and called it "start_id" and assigned it the value of the parent folder ID for the navigation. Then in my WF call I used the start_id placeholder. Here is the working code:

[[!Wayfinder?
                        &startId=`[[++start_id]]`
                        &rowTpl=`navigationRows`
                        &rowIdPrefix=`nav__item`
                        &level=`3`
                        &scheme=`full`
                        ]]
                  • 268 Posts
                  I had the same issue this week. (2 contexts for 2 languages + Babel)
                  I replaced WF by pdoMenu

Having a look to the pdoMenu snippet code I saw we even don't have to change the &param of the pdoMenu call. It translates the WF param into its own..

Work as intended now.