We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    If you remove any Resource Group Access ACL entries with a context of 'web', all the resources should be freely available in the front end. This shouldn't affect access in the Manager at all.

That probably has nothing to do with your script timeout, however, which is caused by some script taking too long to run. Do you have any complex getResources calls (maybe more than one on a page)?

This question has been answered by keymaster. See the first response.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
      • 9 Posts
      Quote from: BobRay at May 26, 2017, 05:11 AM
      If you remove any Resource Group Access ACL entries with a context of 'web', all the resources should be freely available in the front end. This shouldn't affect access in the Manager at all.

That probably has nothing to do with your script timeout, however, which is caused by some script taking too long to run. Do you have any complex getResources calls (maybe more than one on a page)?

The fact is that when the resource group is not created everything is fine.
      But how i can restrict access to resources for the user in mgr without creating a resource group?
      • discuss.answer
        • 9 Posts
        The problem was in the Personalize package.
          • 24,544 Posts
          The fact is that when the resource group is not created everything is fine.
          But how i can restrict access to resources for the user in mgr without creating a resource group?

Just to finish up this topic:

You can't restrict access without creating a user group, but Resource Group Access ACL entries with a context of 'mgr' will not affect access in the front end at all. And, conversely, Resource Group Access ACL entries with a context of 'web' will not affect access in the Manager at all.

I was not suggesting that you remove the Resource Group, I was suggesting that you remove any Resource Group Access ACL entries with a context of 'web'. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting