We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 115 Posts
    Inventory System Using MIGXDB

I'm exploring the possibility of using MIGXDB as a basic inventory system for a small warehouse.

Loading the data for the columns and editing in the CMP can be done pretty easily as can displaying the data in the front end.

However what I want to do is to create front end forms for both inputting materials and requesting materials

Is it possible to make form entries update existing inventory quantities?

This would be for both material request forms and material addition forms.

Any suggestions how to achieve this?

This question has been answered by jimmyjazz. See the first response.

• discuss.answer
      • 115 Posts
      Here's what I chose to do (just in case anyone is interested).

I could see it was going to be too difficult to get all the functionality I wanted using MODX (this is purely down to my limitations, not MODX).

So after a lot of researching I decided to go with an ERP called WebERP http://www.weberp.org.

It is open source and free to use and from what I found it has the best functionality of all the other free inventory systems I looked at.

Best of all it's available as a Softaculous download if using cPanel smiley
        • 115 Posts
        Btw....... I did not try to integrate it with MODX, I just installed it in a sub-folder and it will function as a stand alone entity.