We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Hi,

I am running the same site under osx and windows locally.
    Both devenvs are running php 7.0, mariadb (utf8), and apache (native, no xampp, wampp, etc..).

On osx machine everything working, but on my windows machine Articles wont work in manager view.
    The list of the articles is empty. On page refresh i got the following error in logfile:

[2017-05-14 19:16:03] (ERROR @ C:\Users\veres\Sites\xxx.xx\core\model\modx\modprocessor.class.php : 256) Processor failed creating output array due to JSON error 5

Any idea?

thanks,

daniel
      • 130 Posts
      Does the /core folder have the appropriate permissions? It could be from a buggy PHP version 7.0 is quite buggy, use 7.1.

Why do you need to use the "Article" extra? I think it is quite old so it might be from it. If you need a blog, use the "BlogIt" extra.
        • 24,544 Posts
        JSON Error 5 is a character encoding error. It could be a bug in PHP 7, or it could be a result of a mismatch between the MODX character set (see core/config/config.inc.php) and the character set of the DB, Tables, and/or text fields in the DB.

This might be helpful: https://bobsguides.com/convert-db-utf8.html
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • thanks, both reply are very useful. Using Articles is a historical thing, i only made some facelift on an old site, and tried to work on my pc. I write code mostly on my mac, and now i tried to work on my pc. I will try out BlogIt.

charsets are the same, i am using utf8 generic. According some posts i tried to repair tables. I will check php7.1

thanks smiley
          • Hi, I installed php 5.6.30 x64 TS, 7.1.5 x64 TS and tried with both, with no success. I got the same error. Then I tried to convert with your script (I think that is the best time to say thank you for it smiley i already used it once before, and i found it very useful), but the scrtipt terminated with the following error message:

ALTER TABLE mxroma_transport_packages MODIFY `attributes` BLOB;
            [Err] 1406 - Data too long for column 'attributes' at row 36
              • 24,544 Posts
              I can't see where that's coming from. According to PhpMyAdmin, that field is set to mediumtext, which has a max length of 16,777,215 bytes. It contains the text of the readme, changelog, and license. In utf8 it could be three bytes per character, but I still can't imagine how it would ever get over 16 million bytes.

You might take a look at that field in the 36th row of the table. If you edit that field, you should see the mediumtext designation.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting