We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 793 Posts
    Hi all,
    I've got a resource in my tree which no longer is editable or deletable in the manager. Problem is: I don't have access to the database, just to the manager.
    Only culprit I can think of might be an alias name erraneously containing the letter ä (German Umlaut).
    Is there any possibility to remove that resource from within the manager?
    (That resource is shown on the frontend, so when I create a working duplicate I have it twice.)
    Thanks for any help.
    Regards
    ottogal
      • 953 Posts
      I've got a resource in my tree which no longer is editable or deletable in the manager
      I think you have answered your question yourself

If you don't have access to the DB and you can't edit/delete via the Manager, then you won't be able to do anything with it - my opinion.
      • Try https://github.com/Jako/ModX-Evo-dbEdit (not that deprecated). If you disable the table prefix check in the code, you could edit the Evo core tables.
          • 793 Posts
          @Jako: I also don't have access to the FTP upload, so I can't install the module.

(It's an old site I made a while ago for a owner who lost her credentials to sign in for accessing DB or FTP.
          So only way is to push her to retrieve the credentials.)

Thank you both, anyway.
            • 953 Posts
            @ottogal

You do have access to the server - via the file manager in the Evo manager, which would mean you could install the Modul from Jako
              • 793 Posts
              Oh thanks, @iusemodx - i'll give it a try.
                • 793 Posts
                The README.md says under "Installation"
                Copy the contents of dbedit.module.php.txt to the Module Code box
                Where do i find this file?
                • If you can't upload with ftp, how do you update the installation?

Try this small one file gem then: https://www.adminer.org/
                    • 953 Posts
                    @Jako

ottogal "can" upload to the server via the "file manager", but the problem is, a file is missing "dbedit.module.php.txt"

3. Copy the contents of dbedit.module.php.txt to the Module Code box

I have looked at you repository and can't find it either, or is the "dbedit.tpl" meant, found here
                      • 793 Posts
                      Quote from: Jako at Apr 25, 2017, 09:40 PM
                      If you can't upload with ftp, how do you update the installation?

Try this small one file gem then: https://www.adminer.org/

That's the more serious problem, indeed. I'll goad the owner of the site to regain her access credentials.
                      Thanks for the link, looks nice.

Quote from: iusemodx at Apr 26, 2017, 08:13 AM
                      @Jako

ottogal "can" upload to the server via the "file manager", but the problem is, a file is missing "dbedit.module.php.txt"

3. Copy the contents of dbedit.module.php.txt to the Module Code box

I have looked at you repository and can't find it either, or is the "dbedit.tpl" meant, found here

Thank you for the hint! I tried the file dbedit.tpl and the module was installed successfully. I could delete the buggy records from the site_content table; so my less severe problem is solved.

Thanks again @Jako for having created this helpful little module.