We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 21 Posts
    Revo 2.6

I know this is a NewsPublisher specific issue but could be helpful for others.

I have a multi language site which has a separate context for each language. When I use the NewsPublisher plugin to create new documents, all documents are created within the web context even though its parent is set correctly. This in effect puts the document into limbo where its parent is in context A but its context is set to B.

Each user is logged into the context they are using so I know that is not the issue. The parent context is set correctly and there does not appear to be a way to set the context in the NewsPublisher snippet call.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Any ideas how can I fix it?
      • 1,145 Posts
      donshakespeare Reply #2, 7 years ago
      You are using the latest NewsPublisher 3.0.x?

https://bobsguides.com/newspublisher-tutorial.html

You no longer need to log users in to the mgr context, so you should remove mgr from the &contexts property of the NewsPublisher snippet tag and list only front-end contexts there.

&parents — comma-separated list of possible parent IDs (must be IDs or Context Keys!) of parents for user to select from; Note: new_document_in_root permission may be necessary for new resources; default: empty. If &parentid is set, it will be selected in the list.
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 21 Posts
        Yes, 3.01.

I have set the &contexts property to the specific context which does not have any affect.

The &parents property provides a list of possible parents, but does not set the context.
          • 1,145 Posts
          donshakespeare Reply #4, 7 years ago
            TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
            Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
            5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
            • 21 Posts
            Thanks Don. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything first.
              • 24,544 Posts
              Nathan, did you list the name of the context in the &parents property? If not, try that.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 21 Posts
                Thanks Bob, I have tried including the context in the &parents property but it has not made any difference.
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  OK, I'll try to find time to look into it. I'm on the road right now, so it may be a week or so. NP is supposed to use the context of the parent, if there is one.
                    Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting