We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3 Posts
    albertmonteys Reply #1, 7 years ago
    Hello! I am sorry if this is not the place (category) to ask this question, but I really don't know what else to do about this problem. I am helping a friend to change a website but I can't edit resources from Manager, it gives me Error 500, I can quick edit resources and modify chunks and templates, but I can't access resources. No information in the error log.

I am using Modx Revolution 2.3.1-pl

Thanks.
      • 24,544 Posts
      The first thing to try is manually deleting all files in the core/cache directory and visiting the site with your browser in "private" or "incognito" mode.

Also, turn off the compress_js and compress_css System Settings if they're not off already.

You should install UpgradeMODX extra and upgrade to version 2.4.0, then 2.5.0, then to the current version. A number of serious security issues have been fixed since your version.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 3 Posts
        albertmonteys Reply #3, 7 years ago
        Hi! Sorry for late answer, I did all what you suggested me, still, I cant edit (or even create) a resource, it continues on giving me Error 500. private mode worked perfect with site after cache cleaning, but it continues giving me this error 500 every time that I try to do anything on a resource.
          • 3 Posts
          albertmonteys Reply #4, 7 years ago
          I have found that resources appear with date of creation as 1-1-1970 12:00am, can this be the source of problems? I tried to change date but it did not changed it when I looked at it again
            • 24,544 Posts
            Sometimes failure to save can be caused by a mismatch between the date/timezone System Setting and the settings for PHP and MySQL, though I've never heard of that causing a 500 error.

Make sure you have the compress_css and compress_js System settings turned off.

Another possible cause is mod_security, but that usually affects only certain resources and it usually causes an infinite saving-progress bar.

500 errors are most often caused by a problem with the .htaccess file, but it usually affects the whole site.

I think in your case, I would look for a plugin attached to OnDocFormSave and try disabling it and manually deleting all files in the core/cache directory before testing.

If that doesn't do it, try disabling the other plugins as well. If that solves it, you can bring them back one by one until it breaks to find out which one is causing the problem.

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
              Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
              MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
              My MODX Extras
              Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting