We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 315 Posts
    Hi All,

My web site has a nice wayfinder menu. I've written snippets which uses more options in a menu structure.

I've used if to the following if snippet to switch between my standard web site menu to that from the snippet program.

[[if? &is=`[*ProgramMenu*]:eq:1` &then=`[+menu+]` &else=`[[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &config=`Simple`]]` ]]

It uses a template variable on each page where I wish to replace the standard menu with that from the program. I've also coded into the snippet the same switch so I can control it from the program too (not that it is necessary).

What I'm trying to do is use Wayfinder and &ph to set a placeholder but also allow my program to set the same placeholder which I need to take precedence.

I guess it's all about the firing and replacement order of the core.

This what I've tried

[[Wayfinder? &startId=`0` &config=`valSimple` &ph=`menu`]]
    [+menu+]

No matter what I always get the standard web site menu. My program menu never gets used when the placeholder is replaced.

I really would like to use this method rather than the if way. Would any one have any other suggestion or a workaround so the placeholders populated in order where the last population is the menu that comes through to the end webpage render?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
      BBloke