We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    scottpureds Reply #1, 7 years ago
    Hey all, I was shocked that I figured this out or at least identified the culprit but maybe someone has a fix or at least this post could possibly help someone else until a fix is found...

So on my <a href="https://springhillwebdesigners.com">company web design site</a>, my contact form submissions were saving in the formit section of the manager and validating correctly on the front end, however in the emails coming from my website contact form, all I was getting was "[[+fields]]" (which I found ZERO support for on google) but I have 4 versions of this site at different domains and was retracing my steps over the past few weeks as far as edits on this version and remembered that I had changed the php version from 5.5 to 7.1 on my server and voila! the form was sending all data correctly again.

So basically that's it. Anyone experience this, have a fix or could at least explain what's causing that for the betterment of our society and the common man?

Thanks in advance.
      • 15 Posts
      scottpureds Reply #2, 7 years ago
      Nothing? Noone? :O
        • 194 Posts
        Can you post your FormIt call and the chunk of the email template you use for formatting the email?
          Codeplaza Webdesign: for professional websites at low cost
          • 169 Posts
          I have a similar problem here. After switching to php 7.0. the email hook crashes, so no email is sent and only a white page is returned. Any ideas on that?
            • 5 Posts
            Hello. After switching to php 7.1. formit don't sent a email.
              • 15 Posts
              I simply and unfortunately had to switch back to 7.0 which does work for me. I had found something mentioned sounding similar to this problem in regards to a recent modx update (fix) but I don't believe it is fixed as it still happens on one of my sites to date, although I am not 100% sure that site is fully up to date. Are your sites fully up to date with the most recent modx revo?

• 24,544 Posts
                I'm sending email with PHP 7.1, though I did have trouble with the sender of the email. I think the mail function in 7.1 is pickier about this. IIRC, I had to edit the email accounts in PhpMyAdmin to make sure the from address was authorized to send email from the server.
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting